Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-09, 01:37 PM   #1
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Bass are just....awesome critters!

I was hangin' out at my brother's house yesterday evening for a bit of a cookout. I looked out the back window, and I see his next door neighbor fishing the little pond in back (they live on a golf course, with lots of irrigation ponds and creeks).

Heck, I even like watching peoplr fish, so I go out there to take a look. The guy has hiw two youngest kinds out there, and he's teachin' them to fish. They've got the obligatory Spider Man pole and whatnot, which is just great for little kids...whatever hooks them in.

In between baiting his kids hooks, this guy is twitching a floating crank up and down the edge of the weeds, and the bass are just murdering it. Little guys, 10-12 inches. Regardless of size though, they have all of the attitude of a 20 lb'er. They are the masters of their little hole, and they know it. One of them broke the guy's line when he set the hook, taking the plug down with it. Then all of a sudden, about 5 seconds later, as the guy is first starting to bemoan losing his good lure, the little badass jumps right out of the water again, and shakes the lure out of his mouth. P'tooey! Man...that was awesome to see. Bass are just special.

From now on, when I go to my brother's house, I'm taking my ultralight spinning combo with me.
Old 05-25-09, 01:40 PM   #2
JB

The more you're out there observing and hunting, the more tips under the ol' noggin you'll have. We all are always learning and adjusting.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 03:46 PM   #3
Bassboss

Man, I love watching people taking kids fishing (not kinds ), once I was fishing and grandpa was fishing with his young grandson using live shiners catching a poop load of bass!

- Happy Memorial Day!

Old 05-25-09, 04:06 PM   #4
jooleyen
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
broke the guy's line when he set the hook, taking the plug down with it. Then all of a sudden, about 5 seconds later, as the guy is first starting to bemoan losing his good lure, the little badass jumps right out of the water again, and shakes the lure out of his mouth.

WHOA! That same exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 07:33 PM   #5
bamabassman

nofear, THAT to me is what it is all about. watching others fish is almost as much fun as fishing myself. i just love to see a father teach his kids the sport of fishing. althoiugh i LOATH golf, LOL, I WISH MORE FOLKS WERE PLAYING GOLF THAN OUT ON THE WATER TODAY,HEHEHEHE. man when we came in around 3 pm. there were a thousand pontoons going into the water. glad we came in.
Old 05-25-09, 07:45 PM   #6
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Man, I love watching people taking kids fishing (not kinds ), once I was fishing and grandpa was fishing with his young grandson using live shiners catching a poop load of bass!

- Happy Memorial Day!

I agree. More people should take their kids out fishing, or, as I saw this last weekend, take them out to the baseball diamond. Kids are impressionable and the parents are the one that need to do the impressing

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.