Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-11, 12:41 AM   #1
flukefreak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default need some help with an old rod

hey guys i'm new to your forum and wanted to ask this question.I have a rod my dad gave me when I was 5 yrs old,it is a 5"6" custom made fiberglass rod that he had made for me by a man in our hometown.My question is this do any of you know of a custom rod maker who could repair it,with the repairs needed being this---- it has a cork handle but the cork has been chewed on the end and metal is showing and the tip top is missing(broke off many years ago by an ungreatful nephew) .I would like to have a professional fix it ,not really to use but more for sentimental reasons ya know.I was a little careless when i was young (like most of us are) but as i get older i see these things mean more to me,i mean the rod is 36 yrs old lol and it just don't seem right to just let it sit in a corner collecting dust. It's a real neat rod ,even has a place on the rod with this insignia -CUSTOM MADE FOR MICHAEL SCOTT 1975 R.BRINKLEY .I hope you guys can help any advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way i live in Ga so a local guy would be great but if not i will ship it off. thanks again...........
flukefreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.