Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-11, 12:06 PM   #1
fishingprodigy
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 2nd Tourney, Critique my Plan

Hey guys, my second tournament is coming up on the 19th on the Northeast River in MD. As you know, I did decently in my first tournament placing 6th out of 14 with a 11.24 pound bag. I will be fishing as a coangler again so I'm going to plan my rigs accordingly. There is a cold front coming through with the water temps about 47 degrees and visibility about 2-3 feet. I only own two setups so this is my plan on what I'll be fishing.

Set up 1: 6'6 medium g'loomis glx spinning rod on a daiwa tierra with 30 pound samurai braid and 6' leader of 12 pound invisx. This setup will be a drop shot setup only with a 3/16 drop shot weight and a hook about 20 inches up. My drop shot worm of choice will be roboworm shakin zipper worm, green pumpkin with a chart tip. I plan to use this rig around docks, pilings, and deep structure should these situations arise.

Set up 2: 6'6 med/heavy g'loomis glx casting rod on an antares dc with 40 pound samurai braid and 6' leader of 12 pound invisx. I'm intially going to have a texas rig set up on it with a 1/4 ounce weight with berkley's devil spear in green pumpkin, the tail dyed chart via spike it. I'll be throwing this rig around grass as well as docks, pilings, and structure. If the texas rig isn't working, I'll be switching to a snap and throwing jig n' pigs in the same area, lc pointer 100 in 5' diver and 8' diver in open water type areas and as a last resort 10-14' diving crankbaits.

If you guys have any other suggestions that you think will help me in the upcoming tourney, please let me know.
fishingprodigy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.