Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-09, 06:47 PM   #1
DJ_Callahan_27
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Prop question

Yeah guys, I have a quick question that I'm not really sure if you will be able to answer. I have a 1988 Laser 3880 Bass Boat with a 1984 Johnson GT 150 on it. Right now it has the factory tin prop on it (unsure of size or pitch). I have a chance to buy a Renegade 13 1/2 X 23p 4 blade prop at about half price. My question is would the Renegade prop be a good investment for my boat/motor setup?
I haven't had the boat on the water yet do to some set backs in getting it in finished. Almost done, all that I like is rewiring the boat and the new guages. Should be on the lake for it's first run by the middle of next week if the rain holds off and will let me finish up Sunday.
DJ_Callahan_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-09, 08:48 AM   #2
bonsaibp
BassFishin.Com Member

Go to http://www.bassboatmagazine.com/inde...referrerid=157 and post that question for Jay the prop doctor. He'll know for sure
bonsaibp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-09, 09:41 AM   #3
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If you don't get a response there, wait till Laser sees this post. I betcha he'll be able to give you all kinds of information, probably more than you've bargained for.
Old 07-31-09, 03:54 PM   #4
DJ_Callahan_27
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thanks guys
DJ_Callahan_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 06:40 AM   #5
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey bud how ya been. The Laser's like to run as flat as possible without alot of bow up. The Renegade on the OMC is a good combination. I would TRY IT before buying it if possible. Make sure you are in the rpm range u need to be in. If ya stop by the BBM site ole jay knows his stuff.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.