Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-06, 01:18 AM   #1
WIbassfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Boat Rigging

Just purchased my new rig for the upcoming year. Thinking of the typical storage layout of an 18' Glass boat, what are some things that need to be on the rig apart from generalized tackle?

Are there certain modifications or personalizations that people make when maximizing their storage space? For example, I saw a magazine picture when perusing an article in Bassin' magazine in which Gerald Swindle had his spinnerbaits stored (somehow) on the underside of his rod locker door.

To clarify this question I'm looking for items one should have and unique, "cool" ways to store and maximize your space.

Thanks
WIbassfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-06, 06:20 AM   #2
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Funny u should bring this up. Started gettin my boat ready for this season so I dont have any problems or few anyway during competion and/or just fishin. One of the ways I organize my boat is by season. I always make sure that the rods and lures I use for a season are the first ones that I can grab. Now mind you I have enough in my boat to outfit a small tackle store but it is organized for quick and easy access. Also make sure you have the emergency kit available and within reach ie spare prop,plugs,a few hand tools and a good first aid kit and a roll of toilet paper LOL. Another little idea is keep a cheapo cellphone with a charged battery stored for emergencies, Most phones even though not hooked up on a service will still dial 911 in a emergency and could save yours or someone elses life. Another thing i keep tucked away is a couple bottles of water. You never know. Dont forget the rain gear and spare clothing. Yes alot of boats have very limited storage so be careful bout what you are storing. A little tip is use some of thos cavuming bagging devices. There great for keeping stuff dry and also reducing stored space.
Old 02-17-06, 08:52 PM   #3
bassboogieman

Cooks "go to" system for storing your spinnerbaits is the way to go. Other storage possibilities exists for this product, but an absolute great way to hang your spinnerbaits under locker lids.

http://www.cookstackle.com
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-06, 09:52 PM   #4
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The absolute best thing I did to mine was to get a rod box organizer. Rather than buy an expensive one I built one using a plastic cutting board and the black plastic tubes like they use in a golf bag. Cost me maybe $30 tops. Here is where I got the idea, and it works great-no rods getting tangled up, busted rod tips, etc.

http://www.bassboatcentral.com/cheaprodholder.htm
Old 02-18-06, 05:31 AM   #5
Nitro911
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

You might try this setup. I haven't used it, but I have seen it in a couple of boats and it looks nice. The guys who own those boats say good things about it.

http://www.easyviewtackle.com
Old 02-21-06, 07:51 PM   #6
WIbassfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Great websites guys. Going to have to start with these. Organization saves many headaches I'm sure and I just want to at least be efficient with my time spent on the water. I'll work on the "effective" part one day at a time!
WIbassfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-06, 09:43 PM   #7
bass kicker

a way of hooking lures to the undersite of your rod locker is the hook rug great product
Old 02-24-06, 02:40 AM   #8
abarker
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to abarker

Not really related to a boat, ofcourse I bought an old 16ft jon boat last summer. It hasnt seen the water yet so I dont know how good it will do. But I am looking for something to mount on top of my GMC Jimmy on the luggae rack to stick my poles in. Any suggestions?
Old 02-24-06, 11:20 AM   #9
bass kicker

ya there is a special carrier for rods on a roof rack

or you can buy a big pvc pipe and mount it on your roof and put your rods in there
Old 02-25-06, 01:05 PM   #10
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarker
Not really related to a boat, ofcourse I bought an old 16ft jon boat last summer. It hasnt seen the water yet so I dont know how good it will do. But I am looking for something to mount on top of my GMC Jimmy on the luggae rack to stick my poles in. Any suggestions?
They have at most of the major sporting goods places(BPS, Cabela's, Dick's) a wall mounting bracket, that you mount with screws. I just mounted them on the insides of my boat, and just carry them there.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.