Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-07, 12:07 AM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Northwest Indiana report

The past couple weeks have been tough bass fishing in my parts, mainly due to the very erratic weather conditions, multiple cold fronts, and many cloudless bright clear skies. I spent 7 hours on the lake today. The bite was on, but it was hard to figure any kind of pattern. The bass here are in transition. Some have spawned and are moving about, while others are still on the beds. In other words, the bass are pretty scattered about. I caught them in two foot of water and 10 foot of water and anywhere in between. However, there seemed to be no action at all deeper than 10 foot. I hooked into 15 fish today and landed 9. Eight were bass while one was a walleye. Four were taken off of crankbaits, one on a creature bait, one on a frog, and nine took a spinner bait. The best action was found by working open pockets in the weedbeds in two to eight foot of water. The crankbaits were worked along the deeper edges of the weedlines. The weather conditions were cloudy and a brisk wind with rain off and on while plunging temps made things pretty darned cold. Cold for me anyways, not for the bass apparently. They were not hitting agressively, and I had to watch my line to detect a hit. The water was clear and I could actually see the bass strike my lure many times. About half the strikes I coudln't feel anything, but rather saw my bait or line moving to the side. This leads me to feel they are in a defensive mood and attempting to move the invading bait from their spawning bed. Just a guess on my part.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.