Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-07, 09:36 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default big numbers

Denny and me went north to near Greenville to fish a private lake, headed out at 5:05 this morning and fished until 3 this after noon. Air temp 86 and water temp about 69, post spawn pattern, spinner baits, worms, and of course the frog! Wind out of the south and southwest and blue bird skies with an occasional cloudiness, a front moving in tonight.
9 hours in da boat got us more than just a nice sunburn, we ended up with 45 keepers over 14 inches, can you believe it? I had 24 and Denny had 21, the most fun we've ever had. Used a dean Rojas frog (Denny) and I used horney toad, also used a culprit grape worm, wave lizards, and chartreuse and white spinner bait, most fish either close to the boat or near 10 from da bank!
we found some willows with mat on top of the water and any worm or frog you threw worked, plus it was a nice way to stay out of the sun for a few minutes. We targeted submerged vegetation with pockets of old beds were, and Denny smoked me on a patter of burning the spinner bait over this area.
By mid afternoon the bright sun made us switch to flipping standing timber and grasses with his electric grape culprits, ribbon tail, with 1/8th ounce and 3/16 ounce bullet sinkers, sometimes we would go weightless.
Also caught some really black crappie on plastics, anywhere from 8 inches to 13 inches.
For the first time ever I overslept and sherrill woke me to say Denny's here, got a coffee to go and completely forgot cameras, WATER, and munchies.
Been trying to rehydrate with water and beers tonight, and had some burgers on the grill. GOT A NICE TAN TODAY too.... its good to see huge numbers after post spawn, next time we'll probably only get a few..rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-07, 10:34 PM   #2
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I didn't know there was any water around Greenville! Those smaller Ohio farm ponds and lakes really hold a ton of bass and are a lot of fun to fish. You must have been on a bigger one since it sounds like you used a boat, but back where I'm from ain't no need for a boat and still plenty of bass. Good job out there!
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-07, 07:47 AM   #3
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default It was awesome

Jb is right we had a blast,took off from work and was basically getting paid to fish,,,that's the life.Yeah JB was killing,I was down like?15 to 4 maybe..something like that and I was thinking he's killing me.One thing about Jb and I we always have our friendly competion when we fish,it's really fun for he and I plus it forces me to fish smarterhe has made me a better fisherman..for sure. Sorry didn't mean to ramble..lol. Anyways we got in the boat and my luck changed.Topwater bite was on and it was killer fishing the mat with plastic frog was great....Tic,tic,tic...BOOM!!!.
I'm a huge believer in the the grape worm now,Reb you'll be proud to know
your spinnerbait was the one's I threw all day. Hey JB,We had the same dinner,fixed burgars on the grill and had french fries,some beers and sat on the deck with my wifey had a great day!!!!!!! Thanks for going yesterday. Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-07, 07:56 AM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

sweet! I'm nursing a nice sunburn/tan today and sore back from those stupid seats. rofl...its was well worth it tho
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-07, 03:25 PM   #5
Denny_K

Default OHHH yeah

LoL,I hear ya my right wrist is hamburger meatI better drink some more beer tonight...just to be safe I got some sun too...which is good,this Irish/Scottish skin of mine can use some sun...lol. see ya Denny
Old 05-26-07, 09:25 PM   #6
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

We are post spawn here to and the action is picking up... nothing like your day yet, haven't had the timeto get out - but that sounds like a great day.. I'll crack a sympathy beer in a few minutes for your sore wrists and back....are you sure those are from fishing???
Old 05-27-07, 05:29 AM   #7
Denny_K

Default yes

LOL...Yes there sore from fishing.these hands aren't soaking in ivry son.(I heard that on a tv show).Good luck to ya Brushhog..see ya
Denny

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.