Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-11, 07:52 PM   #1
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Triggerfish tryout

Went to the local pond today to try out a few new items. First was the new triggerfish. Used 30# braid and a St Croix med/fast 7ft. rod. Took just a few minutes to figure out how to make the lure work. It does pretty much go in the direction you want. This thing will be a ton of fun once it warms up and the topwater bite is on. I steered it close to a couple trees and it worked just fine. Worked it along the shore. You can make it come close to shore and go back out again.It does swim on its side as intended to. Just make sure you have a lure retriever if you get it hung up learning to fish it. Second was the new Argon dropshot rod and C14 reel. Thought I had drop shot items in bag but didn't so just tried a senko wacky. The rod feels great with a lot of sensitivity. The reel seemed a little stiff to wind but they paired up beautifully. Third was the new Cayenne reel from Okuma. Wanted to try to use it for pitching but too much wind as it was starting to rain. So I tied on another senko. Casts a mile and is very smooth on the retrieve. Oh yeah caught one bass on a mepps.
Old 04-03-11, 08:34 PM   #2
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I got to try my triggerfish also. I have to agree that it does what the video shows. As recomended, it will work best on calm water. I had a light chop and was able to zig zag it. but if it caught a wave, it turned on it's own. This is going to be great around docks.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 08:35 AM   #3
ThinkTankLures
BassFishin.Com Member

Default How to steer Triggerfish

Good to see you picked it up quickly. Just put up a video of steering techniques to check out...http://vimeo.com/22185828
ThinkTankLures is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.