Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-13, 05:27 PM   #26
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thank you so much Bama! We are hoping that the lifestyle changes, eating better, exercising, losing weight, etc. will get him off the meds quickly. If not, we will deal with that too. I am going to work hard to make the same changes he does so that he doesn't feel he is doing it alone.

Hope y'all aren't getting any of the icy roads and such I hear are down in Madison Co. If you have to be out, be careful.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 10:48 PM   #27
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Reporting in that the father-in-law made it through the implanting of the port this morning and through the 6 hour chemo procedure. He was feeling great this evening. We are hoping and praying that the chemo will not make him sick. Neither of us has had any experience with this so we don't know if it is something that happens quickly or comes on gradually afterwards. Any input any of you can give us on what to expect is greatly appreciated!

The hubby and I are working hard on adjusting our diets to our new life with diabetes. He is doing great. We have a couple of more appointments coming up with the nutritionist and a follow up on the blood work to see if the oral med and diet changes are giong to be sufficient to control it.

Thanks again for all of the prayers!
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 11:28 PM   #28
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

My wife who was a diabetic since early twenties now 63 took three shots per day all of a sudden two years ago no longer needed the shots,now on dialysis,deformed feet .
The imbalance is phosphate oriented.It is a long path and no short cuts,great care must be taken or else another added setback as wont heal easily,added antibiotics that are increasing expensive then fail to work requiring different ones.
Added weight leads to other problems like chf.
Instead of a common cold easy to get pneumonia.Mood swings ,depression all fall into it as well.
The alternatives are far worse.You do have each other and that counts for a lot.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 01:04 AM   #29
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Glad to hear your father in law is progressing well. Hopefully, if he does get to feeling sick, it won't be bad. I've seen it where it didn't cause much trouble to really making one ill. Differs from person to person.
Good luck with your diets. I know when I make an honest effort to eat well, my body feels so much better. Thanks for keeping us informed on how things are going.
Old 02-06-13, 11:17 PM   #30
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

it really depends on the person as to how the chemo affects the person. ZOOKER had chemo, knocked the big man off his feet pretty good. lisa's sister went through chemo too. her doctor gave her meds to help witht he effects. still she felt pretty weak alot of the time.

sending prayers and will continue to do so.

jsut be patient with him. try to comfort him and give him MORAL and VERBAL SUPPORT as much as possible. tell him it's ok, and that WE along with GOD are there with him throughout this.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.