Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-06, 07:56 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, the weather has been seasonable. The cool mornings have been a great start. The fishing has been up and down with the cold front. The hail Saturday night was golf ball size and got my truck. I sure hope no one was out on the lake during this event. The mornings have started with top water and just about anything you want to throw. The top water bite has been very early and when the sun gets up it is almost over. The Texas and Carolina rig have been good starters in the mornings. Lake Fork Tackle Baby Ring Fries, 7 inch power worms, Baby Brush hogs, and centipedes have been good baits on the rigs. Main lake points, humps, and road beds have been holding some fish. The fish are still not set in their summer patterns completely. I saw fish on the beds over weekend and with the full moon this is not unusual. Spinner baits and small crank baits over and around the grass have been producing a few fish off and on all day. The Lake Fork Tackle Zig Zag has still been a great bait fished weightless. The wacky worm is working on the tough days to catch a few fish.
Frogs are still working around pads and over the sumerged grass. Remember to wait till you feel the fish before setting the hook.
Use your electronics on the humps, points and roadbeds to locate fish and bait then work this area till you catch fish or figure if they will bite. The fish have been moving around and you will have to follow them. Once you catch a few they will usually move twenty or thirty yards. Once you relocate them you can catch a few more. The weather is starting to warm up today and through the weekend this may put the fish into there summer patterns.
I still have May 24,28,29,31 open if you are planning a trip to the lake and want to book a guide trip give me a call.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.