Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-09, 07:30 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Browning tackle.

I'll start by saying I am not advicating the purchase of Browning tackle, nor am I interrested in buying Browning tackle. I have nothing against or in favor of Browning tackle. But I was paging through the BPS catalog looking at the various reels like i've done a thousand times, no, make that 10,000 times. And it hit me, despite all the post I've read in here over the years, I can't remember reading about a single reel or rod made by Browning. I'm sure I've missed a few but you rarely hear mention of Browning tackle. Even my friends never mention Browning tackle. Sooo, just curious as to what the opinions regarding Browning rods and reels is in here amoungst our brethern?
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 10:03 PM   #2
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I have heard very little to none about browning tackle, but from the looks of the reels they appear very pfluegerish (more like BPS reels, but those are pfluegers too). Now there rods also remind me of BPS's. I don't know who makes those for BPS though.

BB
Old 07-26-09, 01:34 AM   #3
keithdog

If I remember correctly, Garcia used to make the 300 spinning reel way back in the late 60's or early 70's. And then I believe Garcia quit making that reel and Browning introduced it in their lineup. In fact, I think that was the beginning of Browning fishing tackle.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-09, 07:18 AM   #4
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I was gonna check out the Browning Medallion GT at Bass Pro yesterday, but never made it there. Did make it to Jay's Sporting Goods, Hooters and the Tigers game though! lol

I had a Browning Medallion spinning reel about 10-12 years ago and flat out loved it! Sadly, my ex roommate had it in his jeep when he moved to Florida
Still have the 2 extra spools it came with
Old 07-26-09, 08:26 AM   #5
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Been kickin around the idea of grabbing a baitcaster and happened across a browning on clearance at BPS online. The browning fishing midas.
It's gotten pretty impressive reviews
Old 07-26-09, 10:16 AM   #6
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
If I remember correctly, Garcia used to make the 300 spinning reel way back in the late 60's or early 70's. And then I believe Garcia quit making that reel and Browning introduced it in their lineup. In fact, I think that was the beginning of Browning fishing tackle.
Browning had their name on the Mitchell reels from 1980-1983, but it was just a branding type of thing, like an Eddie Brauer Ford Explorer.
Old 07-26-09, 05:03 PM   #7
abu4600
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have 2 citori baitcasters that are probably 5 years or older, cant remember when they first came out but they work just as good today as the first time I used them.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.