Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-07, 10:32 AM   #26
mont_lunker_hunter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Why can't we all just get along! lol Folks, i know i'm new here, so my opinion may not matter to most. But the posts i have kept track of seem to die early, usually due to someones of-color or off-track comment. Also, as a new comer, it seems that all the posts are consumed with the vets using them as personal message posts to their buddies, which kills the mood for those of us who are not in your circle. Again, I know my posts don't amount to a hill of beans for most of you veterans, I'm just giving a different perspective. Thanks for listening.
mont_lunker_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 10:50 AM   #27
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

everyones opinion matters to me,i think everyone should get respect even when they mess up a few times.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 10:54 AM   #28
pig n jig

Monroe, Do not get angry for we have no sense of what is important to you as an individual.Let me tell you my opinion. I personally think that a fish mount is stupid.In my opinion, you are selling yourself short.To settle on having a big fish mounted, you are saying you have reached the pinnacle of your fishing skills, or luck , or whatever the hell you beleive in.Every time I go fishing, every cast I make, I am expecting a new personal best to bite the lure.Rarely does it happen, but non the less, I am expecting it every time out.I know its just a matter of time and I will catch another fish that might be worthy of having mounted, but I snap a picture if I remember to take a camera and release it.I am not saying you people are wrong in keeping them, that is entirely up to you, I am just giving my opinion.Here at this site, there is no circle, or click if you will.I am sorry you feel that way.P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 04:42 PM   #29
mont_lunker_hunter

Look at past posts and you'll see a pattern, that's all i'm saying. If you think mounts are stupid...as you said that's your opinion...and i disagree, but respect it. I'm just saying that there are those who may want to post their mounts cuz their proud of it, the moment, the people they were with at the time, the time put in to finding that spot, etc. That's why i get everytime I look at my mounts. I'm just sayin let us guys post those things without throwing things way off subject.
Old 01-14-07, 06:10 PM   #30
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It has always been my experience that bass anglers that are newer to the sport are always dreaming of that wall hanger, and most (if they can afford it) will mount any big bass around here thats usually a largemouth over 7 lbs, or walleye.
But as time goes on and you catch a few more of the same size, plus economically can't afford another mount when your family needs something, you start to think more about keeping those big hawgs in the system to breed again.
After you've have a fish mount several years its just another thing you have to dust...I think at one time or another every hunter or angler has dreamed of a big mount.
Whether you can afford to spend 3-400 bucks a pop is your prerogative
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 09:37 PM   #31
mont_lunker_hunter

Let me just say that I am in my upper 20's, cut my teeth on bass fishin. I'm definitely not knew to the sport. As far as fish go, i've caught several over 10 pounds, and that's the only one i've ever kept. I will keep another one if it's over 12 though. JB, I don't know if i just misinterpreted your comment or what, but just because you mount a fish doesn't mean your a amatuer.
Old 01-15-07, 12:26 PM   #32
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

no not at all, I meant that most new anglers to the sport dream of a mount..I have met many new anglers that have the "feel" for catching almost anykind of fish, that doesn't make them a amatuer...but lets face it, none
of us on here fish for a living, are not pros...besides, who cares who's better than others? To me the most important thing is that we are all trying (getting out there and fishing) compared to armchair quarterbacks..so to speak.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 12:57 PM   #33
mont_lunker_hunter

i'll agree with that. My mount is not a symbol saying "mine's bigger than yours" it's more of a reminder of better times (especially since it's in my office at work!! lol). I often find myself catching that fish hundreds of times a day...then i wake up and get back to work!
Old 01-15-07, 11:30 PM   #34
Super Fluke

With the mount I'm getting we almost let that fish go, we weren't going to mout the fish. Once we reellized it was the record the guy that is mounting the fish offered us a good deal, he would only charge us cost. I will mount an 8+ lbser when I get one, then when I get a bigger one then I will mount that. I don't mount things to say mine is bigger than yours, I got that mounted so I would remeber it.
Old 01-16-07, 08:55 AM   #35
mont_lunker_hunter

My thoughts exactly SF.
Old 01-20-07, 04:37 PM   #36
Super Fluke

My fish will be done in about 2 weeks.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.