Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-06, 07:24 PM   #26
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

well its right in a lady's front yard so... i told her and then i cleaned them up and threw them in the field for her... other than that the bass are very healthy, a nice green and white color to them... am going out fri, sat, and sun to this pond so i will post pics of the pond and what i catch...

Ryan
Old 03-23-06, 07:33 PM   #27
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

color is not really a representation of health in a fish. Sunlight and water clarity are what effect the color of a fish.

low light or murky water will produce pale colored fish with not much of a distinct lateral line while clear water and/or good light penetration will produce more vibrant colored fish.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-06, 08:28 PM   #28
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

oh i didnt know that ken, thanks!!!

Ryan
Old 03-23-06, 08:56 PM   #29
fishing_sniper
BassFishin.Com Active Member

they may have put somthing in the water to kills the aquatic weeds this would explain the ducks and crawfish dieng and the catfish probably feeding on the crawfish and other smaller stuff on the bottom my uncle put somthing in his pond to kill weeds one time and it killed all the fish in it i wouldnt eat anything out of it
Old 03-24-06, 11:25 AM   #30
bigbassdan16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to bigbassdan16 Send a message via Yahoo to bigbassdan16

hey what up man i would use a rapala jerkbait about 3 inches long to about 5 inches and i would use a minnow color and get the jerkbait that is shinny and jerk three times and pause for like 5 secs but jerk it nice a soft not hard. trust me i went to a pond like urs and i through on and i caught 8 bass by doing it oh yea im glad to be bac on tell me if it worked ok
bigbassdan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-06, 12:37 PM   #31
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
a redness on the lip or tail usually means they have been pushing rock, sand, or gravel around , perhaps looking for forage, but more likely preparing to spawn. Seeing how you live in ohio like me, its way to early for spawning, but the redness is evident in the lips and also the tail when they are on the bed and fanning it with thier tail.
Other times that redness can be seen is due to sickness or a injury.
Watch in a month or so, when you catch a bass close to the spawning time, a redness"lipstick" appearance on their mouth, and also note a blood red quality on the tail.

oh JB....i thought they were just getting kisses from pretty lady's....sheesh...silly me "what was i thinkin"....hehehehe.....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.