Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-08, 10:09 PM   #26
Christopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Uder 20 and not going to vote for Obama! I would like to keep my hard earned money in my own pocket thank you! As someone already mentioned is alot of people in my age group are on the Obama train but here's the BIG CATCH most of the Obama fans say they support him but have forgot one thing, to register to vote!!! Let's hope it stay's that way.

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-08, 10:42 PM   #27
Jim80

Well at least we know that Obama will not get votes from 99.5% of the members of this board .ONE THING YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER IS THAT CONVERSATION IS A POWERFUL THING. Share your views with your coworkers and friends , when it is said by someone they know and trust (unless your a dill weed) sometimes it means more than hearing it on TV or reading it in the paper .

Jim
Old 09-13-08, 10:48 PM   #28
tnfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

it hard when every one but the outdoors people and survivalists are brain washed by the media
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-08, 10:48 PM   #29
flbassman

I've busted my *** tryin to make money since I was 13 years old. I don't like seein my money go to buy crack for some idiot on welfare either. But if we take a look at the current state of the economy, the current adminstration hasn't helped out a whole lot. I worked 40 hour weeks and went to school last year (my junior year in high school) I was just a kid when Clinton was president, but I don't ever remember my dad bein out of work, and we ate a lot less baloney..... I hate big government as much as the next guy. I'd just as soon get rid of most of it, but if you look at the numbers, the war in Iraq has cost us 553 BILLION dollars. Thats 2 BILLION dollars a week. Halliburton has made some tidy profits......I've got plenty of buddies who went over, and they aren't the same people anymore. One of my best friends older brothers did two 8 month tours with the marines, and got shot in the thigh on the second one. Since he's been back a year ago, he's not the same, and I don't think he ever will be. He's always got the 1000 yard gaze, when he's not drinkin. But hey, at least we got all the WMD's, and the new iraqi government has a 79 BILLION DOLLAR surplus to work with this year. We have a 9 trillion dollar national debt. Thats gotta come out of somebodys pocket. I'd be milkin every nickel I could from those hajjiiis. I'd vote for the first guy who had the balls to say "Hey guys, you are now a U.S. colony. We'll be enjoying free oil that the government can then subsidize and lower prices, and if you complain, we'll sell your camels, and send you to work repairing highways in America. Have a nice day." But that ain't happenin, so I'm picking the lesser of two evils, who I find to be Barack Obama.
Old 09-13-08, 10:57 PM   #30
Jim80

Flbassman , I make this as short as i can .

You can judge the effect a president had on the economy 8 to 10 years after they left office . Clinton was great in short term standards but he had two major things that helped to screw or economy Free trade which let manufacturers send work overseas to pay less for labor costs and not have to pay taxes when it the product came back into the country leading to many skilled American workers being left jobless and also letting speculation off the price of a barrel of oil be allowed on the stockroom trading floors . which has played a major part in the sharp and dramatic raises in the prices of a barrel of crude oil . Clinton was the worst president for the economy we have had in your lifetime and the results of his time in office have only started to have been felt in our economy in the last 5 to 7 years .

Jim
Old 09-13-08, 11:03 PM   #31
Jim80

I also don't want you to think that I am a fan of Bush by any means, but I was a bit of a political nerd when I was a kid in youth in Government programs and all so I have strong knowledge of how the system actually works and while Iraq was a blunder you can't blame the economy on that alone . I to break my a** for every penny I make and work about 80 to 90 hours a week right k=now to do it while supporting three kids and Obama grew up like a rich white kid would have , now his wife on the other hand you can tell that that up bringing isn't there and the ghetto is being hidden well but it's there and i don't want that in the white house , if you do go downtown and find one of the true gangsters out the hood and talk them into running for office .

Jim
Old 09-14-08, 03:16 PM   #32
tnfisherman

most of them soilders has ptsd(cant spell it ) but it is a brain injury that will cause them to have nightmares of wars,flash backs, uncontrolle able angry,, plus much more ,,,, i dont think the war is right ,but im not against war either,, but i think they should have blow there butts away to strart with,,,, like i said in another post ill rembemer you if obama is election and every thing is so high b/c of his taxes,, and when they ban the sale on guns
Old 09-15-08, 07:45 PM   #33
rangerryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnfisherman View Post
most of them soilders has ptsd(cant spell it ) but it is a brain injury that will cause them to have nightmares of wars,flash backs, uncontrolle able angry,, plus much more ,,,, i dont think the war is right ,but im not against war either,, but i think they should have blow there butts away to strart with,,,, like i said in another post ill rembemer you if obama is election and every thing is so high b/c of his taxes,, and when they ban the sale on guns
i do not understand any thing that you just said. pay attention in english comp.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 08:18 PM   #34
tnfisherman

im home schooled
Old 09-15-08, 11:49 PM   #35
flfireman

Don't know all the exact figures here so excuse me, but I feel the point will be seen.
Better yet let me just use some hypothetical #'s. The oil companies make 100 million a year. 50-65% of this goes to wages, insurance, etc. (employees), 20-25% of this goes to taxes, fines, research and...wait for it......alternative fuel research and development. The rest covers, transport, advertising and political needs. Yes, there are some very, very rich people because of oil, but the actual money spent on other stuff is incredible.
Also I heard this number and saw it on a email.( Will attempt to find the site for everyone) If Obama wins and tries to impliment all his promises and succeeds. Currently we make about $0.65 for every dollar we earn, in order for his plans to work we will only make.....again, wait for it........$0.32 for every dollar we earn. That speaks volumes to me, that is my hard earned money that will be given away to a lot of people who don't, won't or never have worked or been productive in their life. yes, I believe in taking care of my fellow American's. But my fellow Americans first need to drop any terminology before the word AMERICAN and get off their arses and off the corners and start to help themselves. Heck, just write me in for President this year. I might not fix evrything but I will definately try. How about that a redneck, bass fishin, deer huntin, truck driving, motorcycle ridin, fireman for prez!!!!
Old 09-16-08, 12:30 AM   #36
barkelypup

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman View Post
Don't know all the exact figures here so excuse me, but I feel the point will be seen.
Better yet let me just use some hypothetical #'s. The oil companies make 100 million a year. 50-65% of this goes to wages, insurance, etc. (employees), 20-25% of this goes to taxes, fines, research and...wait for it......alternative fuel research and development. The rest covers, transport, advertising and political needs. Yes, there are some very, very rich people because of oil, but the actual money spent on other stuff is incredible.
Also I heard this number and saw it on a email.( Will attempt to find the site for everyone) If Obama wins and tries to impliment all his promises and succeeds. Currently we make about $0.65 for every dollar we earn, in order for his plans to work we will only make.....again, wait for it........$0.32 for every dollar we earn. That speaks volumes to me, that is my hard earned money that will be given away to a lot of people who don't, won't or never have worked or been productive in their life. yes, I believe in taking care of my fellow American's. But my fellow Americans first need to drop any terminology before the word AMERICAN and get off their arses and off the corners and start to help themselves. Heck, just write me in for President this year. I might not fix evrything but I will definately try. How about that a redneck, bass fishin, deer huntin, truck driving, motorcycle ridin, fireman for prez!!!!
I tell you what Fire Man. Wait 4 years and run as Palins Vice. You get my vote. Good Post
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 01:03 AM   #37
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
I like Obama's ideas about cutting taxes for the workin man, and taking up the slack with windfall taxes on big companies
flbassman, a couple of things:

Obama may say he wants to cut taxes on the working man, but looking at his programs we are looking at one trillion dollars in additional spending. That means we ALL will have a tax increase. For that matter, if the Bush tax cuts expire you WILL have a tax increase by default.

As has been stated, big companies do NOT pay taxes. They pass the tax increase on to the consumer. Say Obama increases winfall profit taxes to the tune of $1 per gallon of gas on the big oil companies. Very shortly a gallon of gas will go up exactly $1. Rocket science it ain't.

Obama a muslim? The media said he "misspoke" before George S. corrected him. OK, let me ask this:

Has anyone here ever "misspoke" about a religion they have never been a part of? Ever talked about your Jewish faith or Catholic faith or Hindu faith or whatever faith you choose when you have never been a Jew or a Catholic or a Hindu or whatever? Neither have I. What does that tell you?

One other question for everyone: If the democrats are so great, how come since they took control of congress in '06 gas has gone up $2 per gallon, unemployment has increased 27% to 5.7%, the stock markey has gone from 14,000 to 11,000 and 2.5 billion dollars in stocks, bonds, etc. has evaporated into thin air? Not to mention the mortgage crisis.

Oh, one more thing:

Quote:
abortion is still legal
And will remain so as long as there are pro-choice liberal judges on the Supreme Court. Obama will guarantee that continues. Just some food for thought.
Old 09-16-08, 01:52 AM   #38
carolina-rig-01

reb, i was gonna stay out of this but i couldn't agree with you more. obama scares the hell out of me.
Old 09-16-08, 08:44 AM   #39
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
reb, i was gonna stay out of this but i couldn't agree with you more. Obama scares the hell out of me.

+1.
You ain't alone, carolina.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 10:12 AM   #40
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Great thread everyone, I appreciate the fact that we can all be civil about such things....I just wanted to mention the outcome of some recent research I have just done with my fiance's father who recently retired from the State of Maine...

The current state of our welfare program here in Maine is ridiculous...when all said and done the fed's and our state will pay a single mom with 2-3 kids up to 60k/year in state aid..this does not include healthcare. These are some insane programs that we can thank our Democratic gov. for..here are some examples... 1) grooming credit for $100/month, can be used in beauty salons--The dem's passed this as they consider it to be a tangible value when someone is trying to find a job 2) transportation credit..up to $3,000 a year, can be used for public transport or you can get a voucher to make a down payment of up to $500 on a vehicle..WTF? 3) Heating assistance..this varies on income..but if you already live off the state no worries they will heat your home..FOR FREE!

There's a ton of other programs..it become an epidemic! Before my fiance was a nurse she worked long days as a cashier at a local grocery store while she paid her way through school. One day she came home and told me a story about a pregnant young woman who was in line with her mother and in front of my fiance she asked her mom "when am I going to get my Maine assistance(welfare)"... it's a vicious cycle that the dem's created and now the rest of us have to carry the burden...there's no incentive for these people to work!
Old 09-16-08, 10:27 AM   #41
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post

One other question for everyone: If the democrats are so great, how come since they took control of congress in '06 gas has gone up $2 per gallon, unemployment has increased 27% to 5.7%, the stock markey has gone from 14,000 to 11,000 and 2.5 billion dollars in stocks, bonds, etc. has evaporated into thin air? Not to mention the mortgage crisis.

Your mistaken, sadly things started going south when George W took office. I will re state my opinion on Obama since I just smashed George W. I dont like Obama will not vote for him, but George jr got us into this pickle not the dems in congress since 06
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 10:42 AM   #42
WTL

Don't want to nuke the board here, just a fyi....

Abortion is legal and most elected Republicans are very very happy about that fact. It gives them a tool with which to raise money and hold social conservatives hostage, IE - "you better not think about voting 3rd party or the judges that will end up being nominated will reaffirm Roe...."
Old 09-16-08, 11:23 AM   #43
Lilmoosecountry

Don't blame me i was a Ron Paul person myself. I can't stand either one. But I will vote REPUBLICAN. I do like Palin. Democrats don't support sportsmens rights. Frankliy because of that OBAMA scares me. All those Social programs sound good on paper. Even UNV. healthcare does. But the real reality is they don't work. He say's he's going to cut taxes. But for these social prgrams to work. He is either going to have increase goverment spending. Or he is going to have to raise taxes. Niether is going to work. The American people can't afford either. Yes his exp. does bother me. Ever since he came to the SENATE 2yrs ago. He has spent 19 months of that running for PRESIDENT. His public record for 2yrs worth of work. Show that he showed up only 42 times on the senate floor. That's not EXP. That's just fraud to the taxpayer. How can he be about Change. When he is just like every other Washington NEO-CON. Listen if you are hunter or fisheremen. A vote for OBAMA is a vote for PETA!!!
Old 09-16-08, 12:11 PM   #44
tnfisherman

i dont really care for abortion, b/c of it i came a hair from not being here,,,win my grandpaw found out that my mom was pregent with me,he want a abortion done ,b/c she was married or anything soo, but he change his mide on it,,, if they anit smart enougth to use protection then they should have the baby
Old 09-16-08, 01:25 PM   #45
Lilmoosecountry

A few more things. He is a muslim. He can say what he wants. Muslims change there names to muslim names. Ain't that right Berry??? If he said it publicly he would'nt be electable. But that does'nt mean is not a closet muslim. Momma always said if it walks like a duck then its a duck. He also is not a blackman. He is half white as well. He projects himself as a black man to the public. But i'm not fooled. He has made statments about Midwesterners clinging to Guns & Religion. No matter what he say's about lipstick on a pig. I do believe he was reffering to palin. I heard it before by others YES!!!. But he also had his butt handed to him for over 2 weeks by Palin. These are not comments of a religous black man. But a rich White man instead. He may try to pull the wool over the American Public. But he is'nt going to do it to me.
Old 09-16-08, 02:02 PM   #46
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

You go "Lilmo" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUrnZHc0I4
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 02:06 PM   #47
WTL

I dont think he is a Muslim, dont know for sure though. But I doubt that a devout Muslim would hide it. I always look at political candidate's religious beliefs with a grain of salt. I think a lot of them just use religious identification as another political tool.
Old 09-16-08, 02:53 PM   #48
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Your mistaken, sadly things started going south when George W took office. I will re state my opinion on Obama since I just smashed George W. I dont like Obama will not vote for him, but George jr got us into this pickle not the dems in congress since 06
Maybe so, but it DID happen AFTER the dems took control. Then again, you are probably right-since the dems took control of congress they have done NONE of the things they said they would do except pass meaningless, non-binding resolutions and call for investigations. So much for the "First 100 Days" promise. But, to be fair, it ain't just the dems. The republicans deserve their fair share of the blame as well.

Let's start drilling to ease the oil crisis! But wait! Pelosi says no, congress can't vote on it so we are still dealing with $4 gas for the forseeable future.

We won't see an impact of drilling now for 10 years? I don't buy that, but so what if it does take 10 years? What is the price of a gallon of gas going to be in 10 years, anyway? I guarantee it will be more than it would be without the new supply of oil coming on the market.

Quote:
I appreciate the fact that we can all be civil about such things....
Me too, Jason. This is the only site I go to where I will discuss topics such as this because everyone is respectful of the other posters. We may not agree with each other, but it is refreshing to have a discussion without all the garbage that is so prevalent on other sites.
Old 09-16-08, 02:58 PM   #49
carolina-rig-01

http://www.savesoursoul.com/new/dearmrobama.html

this is a video from a friend of a guy in my bass club. i hope everyone will at least watch it regardless of what your stance is on obama or mccain
Old 09-16-08, 03:03 PM   #50
Rebbasser

I've seen that one, C-rig. The ending says more than everything he said. God Bless him and all our men and women who have served and are serving.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.