Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-08, 10:31 PM   #76
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

thanks whup. and i didn't mean that i am against the war. quit the contrary, i am for the getting them at THEIR house, not ours. but in that region...as i and another has stated here, there will NEVER be peace there until the second coming. not to get too religious or nothing. and rangerryan is right too. what we need is to get ALL our rescoures back online, oil, natural gas, coal, (can't spell this one,lol) nuclear(?), and whatever else will help like wind and water power. we have enough if we use it WISELY. as for obama...well all i can say is IF he gets elected.. i think that he is a dead man walking. not because of anything else except that there are too many crazies in this country that will kill the man. i don't want that to happen cause that will give the other crazies another reason to try to ban guns.and how many hollywoodies are truly smart enough to know what we need as a country? so far the only smart ones are already in office...as REPUBLICANS! not one democrat hollywood star that i know of is in a public office. or am i wrong again? if i am right, that shows you another thing about the liberals.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 09:21 AM   #77
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The NRA tells the whole story. http://www.nra.org/or this http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Bara...un_Control.htm Now tell me he does'nt want your guns.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 09-18-08 at 11:39 AM.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 03:37 PM   #78
flbassman

I'm sorry, but as a lifelong NRA member, they don't really qualify as an "unbiased" source..... I am anti-gun control. I own numerous guns, have a Charlton Heston poster in my garage, and have shot and hunted my entire life. Anybody taking my guns will be removing them from my "cold, dead fingers." But I don't really think that handgun restrictions in urban areas are a bad thing. Handguns are made for killin, ain't good for nothin else. (Skynyrd got kicked out of the NRA for writin that one.....) So although I am a member, I take everything they say with a grain of salt......
Old 09-18-08, 04:17 PM   #79
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i'm not for a ban on handguns in urban areas at all. if a carjacker thought there was a 50 % chance the driver had a concealed permit and a 9mm likely wouldn't do it. i do, however, support an assault rifle RESTRICTION. i too am an avid hunter but i don't need an AR-15 with a 50 round clip to shoot a deer. but not to say that i won't chase a squirell around the tree with the old ruger 10-22 and it's 30 rounder.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 08:46 PM   #80
flfireman

"You know when this thread got started I thought it would end very badly, but I guess it goes to show no matter what your political views are fishermen are all around a GREAT bunch of guys thanks for keeping it decent.

P.S I used to belong to the watchdesk since joining here I have ceased talking to them ignorant, inbread, wannabe Firefighters who do nothing but ***** about higher ups while hiding behind a screen name.

Thanks again "

Not sure how to take this or what the heck you are implying Jerry?
Not ignorant, not inbred(check your spelling), been in the fire service for 15 years and have not said a word about my higher ups. I don't hide behind any screen name, if you check the info page about the members here it's all in black and white. Obviously by your post count you haven't been here long enough to judge me or for that matter even comment about me. In fact the beginning of this post sounded pretty good, then you turned into a ranting hypocrit. You don't like what I do for a job? Go back to school and try to score higher on a civil service test. You do get point's for knowing your name, maybe that will help you out.
Old 09-18-08, 09:18 PM   #81
WTL

Hey hey now guys if you want this thread to go like yall planned I can start telling everybody where they are wrong....
Old 09-18-08, 11:31 PM   #82
flfireman

WTL, First you vs me in politics. I'll throw in the towel now. But the above post was brought on by a non political comment from page three of this thread. People hiding behind a keyboard from miles away throwing insults at people whom they have never even communicated with. Yes, I agree this post has lasted longer than I thought. Im glad to hear the political opinions from a very diverse age group. Though we may not all agree, this has been a friendly exchange of point vs counter point. I hope it will continue until the election.
Old 09-19-08, 08:42 AM   #83
jmartin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

flfireman I am sorry I offended you after reviewing my post not sure were you got the idea I was insulting you I never meant nothing toward you, I was simply implying that in my area (shen Valley Va) the trend with Vol. and career is they gripe about promotions and life in general. BTW.... 6 year FF/EMS and sorry guys this caused trouble never meant to.

Jerry
jmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 09:20 AM   #84
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman View Post
I'm sorry, but as a lifelong NRA member, they don't really qualify as an "unbiased" source..... I am anti-gun control. I own numerous guns, have a Charlton Heston poster in my garage, and have shot and hunted my entire life. Anybody taking my guns will be removing them from my "cold, dead fingers." But I don't really think that handgun restrictions in urban areas are a bad thing. Handguns are made for killin, ain't good for nothin else. (Skynyrd got kicked out of the NRA for writin that one.....) So although I am a member, I take everything they say with a grain of salt......
They don't have to be. I'm a bow hunter. I like the close encounters of such hunting. Many people in this country use hand guns for that same type of close range hunting. Many people use hand guns to pop paper recreationally. That does'nt mean they'll be used in a crime. I am thinking of buying a hand gun for such recreation. That does'nt make me a criminal. Guns are like fire. If used properly no one get's hurt. There are people also who belong in clubs that use assult weapons as well. They have big get togethers & use them properly in shooting events. Handguns are'nt the problem. The black market is the problem. You deny me the right to buy a gun. That's not going to stop the crimnal on the street. All you have done with the ban is denied me my pleasure & allowed the criminal his.
Old 09-19-08, 11:04 AM   #85
WTL

We live in a gun society. Our very country was founded on the right to bear arms, a right that was only vindicated by a war in which we smuggled and procured arms.

To try and ban guns to any degree is to go against the grain of our society. When you go across the grain it doesnt really work - people get guns anyway. So what are you really accomplishing when you make it illegal to own certain guns or make laws to obtain them overtly draconian?

The answer is you insulate those in charge of the political apparatus from blame when crime happens. A terrible crime happens, say a man with a thompson kills a couple cops, and there is a political push to ban thompsons - the politicians all go along with this, even push such bans because it becomes temporarily politically popular. It has absolutely nothing to do with actually preventing more tragedies, but it has everything to do with politics.
Old 09-19-08, 11:10 AM   #86
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
We live in a gun society. Our very country was founded on the right to bear arms, a right that was only vindicated by a war in which we smuggled and procured arms.

To try and ban guns to any degree is to go against the grain of our society. When you go across the grain it doesnt really work - people get guns anyway. So what are you really accomplishing when you make it illegal to own certain guns or make laws to obtain them overtly draconian?

The answer is you insulate those in charge of the political apparatus from blame when crime happens. A terrible crime happens, say a man with a thompson kills a couple cops, and there is a political push to ban thompsons - the politicians all go along with this, even push such bans because it becomes temporarily politically popular. It has absolutely nothing to do with actually preventing more tragedies, but it has everything to do with politics.
I absolutely agree. Take a look at great Briton, they banned guns and now you see *** hats on worlds dumbest crooks robbing stores with crossbows and swords.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-08, 10:14 PM   #87
buddy_fuentes
BassFishin.Com Member

That pig with lipstick thing...Isn't that Rosie O'Donnell?
Old 09-21-08, 11:22 AM   #88
flbassman

Nah, I don't think she wears lipstick....It's a little too feminine....
Old 09-21-08, 11:55 AM   #89
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post

We do live in a society were guns are our right , a right which was written into our constitution not for the protection of ones property or self but written because this country was born out from under a tryanny and our founding fathers gave Americans the right to bear arms to be able to over throw a goverment that had over stepped it's bounds and stopped actting in the best interest of it's people . Not that it would happen but most people don't realize that's why they have the right to bear arms.

Jim
Old 09-21-08, 03:26 PM   #90
tnfisherman

im not for the handgun bans or the "assault" rifle bans you can get a 5 round mag for them..lowrider have you ever shot a ar15 or any thing else with a 30 round mag they are a hoot the shoot,,,,, like some one ealier said if you ban handguns ro any other one ..the criminals dont walk into a gun store to get a gun..they get them from the street off some guy....the gun banes will only make the crime increase more and more
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-08, 04:16 PM   #91
bamabassman

any ban on ANY type of firearm is a step towards a ban on ALL firearms gang. look at what happned in austraula (i know, spelling). if you ban a single type of gun, it'ss snowball.... i PROMISE YA'LL THAT!! and if they ban firearms, the only ones that'll have em are crooks.
Old 09-21-08, 09:32 PM   #92
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
and if they ban firearms, the only ones that'll have em are crooks.
If they ban firearms, I'm keeping mine. End of story. The founding fathers guaranteed me that right, and I will, no exaggeration/joke, shoot anyone who attempts to remove my firearms from my possesion if thats what it comes to. And I'm sure I'm not alone.
Old 09-21-08, 09:34 PM   #93
bamabassman

i'm right there with ya buddy.
Old 09-22-08, 08:46 PM   #94
tnfisherman

i agree with you there but thats my point why are you for obama when he is for the banning of guns
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 08:50 PM   #95
bamabassman

i ain't for odama, yes that is the way i WANTED to spell it.
Old 09-22-08, 09:06 PM   #96
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnfisherman View Post
i agree with you there but thats my point why are you for obama when he is for the banning of guns

Because I'm worried that if the Republican bureaucracy gets another 4 years in, I won't have enough money to buy guns with. Thats the main reason I like Obama. I think he'll screw the economy up less than McCain.
Old 09-23-08, 09:54 PM   #97
bamabassman

i really don't that mccain or odama, or ANY president can alter what is going on with the economy at this time. you DO know that the government wants YOU AND I AND each and every hard working american that pay their taxes to bail out all these companies don't you? our national debt is so high that i am afraid that we are just putting off the inevitable. and when it hits.....look out my friend. we are ALL in for some truly hard times ahead.
Old 09-23-08, 10:45 PM   #98
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i really don't that mccain or odama, or ANY president can alter what is going on with the economy at this time. you DO know that the government wants YOU AND I AND each and every hard working american that pay their taxes to bail out all these companies don't you? our national debt is so high that i am afraid that we are just putting off the inevitable. and when it hits.....look out my friend. we are ALL in for some truly hard times ahead.
I agree. Whether or not people like it, we have to raise taxes and quit spending money. Thats basic economics and budgeting. If you make 20 dollars a week and are spending 30, you first need to cut your spending to 15 dollars, and then begin making 25 dollars a week in order to make ends meet and pay off the debt. Same thing for the country. I aint 100% against bailing some of these companies out in the interest of not destroying things further, but I want these CEO's sellin their cars, drivin 1983 Kia's, and mowin yards. We also need to, as a nation, begin cutting expenses. Step 1, in my opinion, is the 2 BILLION a week we spend in Iraq, at the cost of about 7 dollars, per American (Man woman and infant). That doesn't include intangibles such as military entitlements later on. We also spend a ridiculous amount every week on welfare.
After we cut expenses, we need to make more money, which a government does through taxes. If we could talk Uncle Sam into getting a part time job on the side, that'd be great, but it's not gonna fly. So we have to raise taxes, which can be done either on the rich, or on everybody else. I support a $10 per week head tax, followed by hittin up the ultra rich. If you have 34 billion, how much do you need all of it? How many houses can you buy? We take 14, you keep 20, and we're all happy.
Old 09-23-08, 10:51 PM   #99
Jim80

We could cut off the flow of money we give to the United Nations as well , even tough we represent a small portion of worlds population we cover 90% of their budget and most of the expenses on the projects they run and what does it do for us as a country ? Just food for thought .

Jim
Old 09-23-08, 11:11 PM   #100
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy_fuentes View Post
That pig with lipstick thing...Isn't that Rosie O'Donnell?
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
We could cut off the flow of money we give to the United Nations as well , even tough we represent a small portion of worlds population we cover 90% of their budget and most of the expenses on the projects they run and what does it do for us as a country ? Just food for thought .

Jim
Amen, Jim. Let's start taking care of the folks here and let the rest of the world either fend for themselves or wait for what is left after we take care of our own.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.