Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 09-01-07, 12:51 PM   #876
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

Haha

Otto what conference holds the National Title? USC is THE ONLY team in the west that can do anything, and even they cant hold up against the SEC.

Last edited by bassfisher02; 09-01-07 at 01:25 PM.
bassfisher02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-07, 04:23 PM   #877
bassfisher02

Well, with 8min and something left in the Gator game there was a lightning delay and now tennis is on? No matter, the Gators were up 49-3 against W. Kentucky. I was very pleased with what I saw, but there were also some things that need to be worked out before we play Tennessee. Anyone who doubted Tebows throwing abilities can look at this games stats and be shut up. With 300 yards in the air, completeing 13 of 17 passes, and several long balls including a 59yd'er, with no interceptions, I believe its safe to say Tebow can make the rigth decisions and get the job done. Even though W. Kentucky wasnt a tough opponent, the game still shows how the team will play. I'm happy with Tebows performance, both running and throwing. The only thing I'd like him to do is be a little more aware on the option, as there was a little issue on one that almost resulted in a turnover. Other than that, a few other things the team as a whole needs to do is to correct the mental mistakes with all the false start and delay of game penalties. Special teams also needs to be cleaned up a bit. The defense did surprisingly good since its composed of mostly sophomores and freshman, our linebacker core is going to be very good.

Another thing I'd liek to note is that our back-up QB had a RUSHING touchdown, showing a little Tebow-like skill, and he completed about all the passes he's attempted.

The game isnt over yet, but I dont know if they are going to cut back to it once the delay is up... Right now some tennis match is going on, so who knows if they will show the last 8 minutes. I'd sure like to watch that back-up QB play some more, its good to know we have a solid back-up if anything should happen to Tebow.
Old 09-02-07, 01:08 PM   #878
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher02 View Post
Haha

Otto what conference holds the National Title? USC is THE ONLY team in the west that can do anything, and even they cant hold up against the SEC.
I can always hope, can't I bassfisher?

Anyway Cal did a nice job against Tenn yesterday, didn't they?
otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-07, 01:29 PM   #879
bassfisher02

I was very happy about that.

Cal has some good speed. Tennessee just wasnt ready for it.
Old 09-02-07, 01:34 PM   #880
basschamp4
BassFishin.Com Active Member

indiana university

gotta stay loyal to my team even through rough times
Old 09-02-07, 02:25 PM   #881
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Cal and USC are the two best teams in the PAC10. There is a big big dropoff after those two. Cal was playing maybe the 5th best team in the SEC, and won about like they should have in front of a home crowd. Plus, given the type of physical football prevelent in the SEC, Cal would be beaten up by the end of the year with the type of O they run. There is a reason those western O coordinators have not done well in the SEC. Even Urb had to change his system when he got here. Florida won last year with defense, the O was very spotty.

BTW, I'm sure 02 is with me in being very glad to see that orange bastard get a beatin.

Rocky top,
you'll never be
home sweet home to me
f$^$ you, Rocky Top!
Go to Hell tinursea!!!
Old 09-02-07, 03:00 PM   #882
zooker

i know wtl would dig this out of the pit and revive it.. reguardless of what it says on the board this is wtl's thread...

being an alumni for a running game school. i have to agree with brother love..pac-10's normally are hard pressed to stop the run..

zooker
Old 09-02-07, 03:07 PM   #883
bassfisher02

Tenn. is ranked 15 right now, and Cal is 12.

I sure was happy to see Tenn. lose.

They will lose again in 2 weeks. Haha.
Old 09-02-07, 05:01 PM   #884
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschamp4 View Post
indiana university

gotta stay loyal to my team even through rough times
My 2 favorite teams are Purdue, and whoever is playing IU

Lizards
Old 09-02-07, 06:49 PM   #885
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher02 View Post
Tenn. is ranked 15 right now, and Cal is 12.

I sure was happy to see Tenn. lose.

They will lose again in 2 weeks. Haha.
I don't think so. The Vols will rebound and spank the Gators big time...
Old 09-02-07, 07:05 PM   #886
bassfisher02

Hahaha, funny.

We will see.
Old 09-02-07, 07:28 PM   #887
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

The Gators sure have a cushy schedule for a returning championship team. Vanderbilt and Fl Atlantic in week 9 and 11?

It looks like they are being handed another shot at the championship whether they deserve it or not.

They don't have the balls to play a Pac 10 or Big 10 opponent during the season I guess....
Old 09-02-07, 08:27 PM   #888
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

I am a little worried about Michigan next week. I was hoping the Ducks could go in and upset a top 5 team, but I'm afraid Mich. will drop out of the top 20. On top of that, Mich will be mad and prepared for next week, the Ducks will be in for a tough game.
Old 09-02-07, 09:40 PM   #889
bassfisher02

Otto, do really know much about football? It doesnt sound like it. More so that you have some kinda misconception in your head that the Pac-10 and Big-10 are some kinda God-like conference.

Now, I'd like to see your favorite teams play the following: Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida State. Something tells me they would have atleast 6 losses for the season. Before you go talking about 'cushy schedules,' look at the entire schedule, not just the teams you think are the weakest. Furthermore, Vandy is actually a respectable team these days.

They dont have the balls to play Pac-10 or Big-10? Thats a very intelligent statement. I can promise you every team we play is tougher than any of the teams in those 2 conferences with the exception of USC and Cal, which would still get killed by many of the SEC teams. Its been said one time, its been said amillion, the SEC is the toughest conference in college football, open your eyes.
Old 09-02-07, 09:48 PM   #890
bassfisher02

By the way, I get pretty wired up about football, so dont take it personally, aha.
Old 09-02-07, 09:50 PM   #891
WTL

Yea, the BIG 10 is great, one of their best this year was the first ever ranked team to lose to a 1AA opponent.

As for the PAC10 and western football in general, there are a couple WAC teams that are better than all but the top 2 pac10 teams, especially Hawaii. And we beat hawaii last year comfortably despite having only a 2-6 record in conference. Furthermore, the SEC leads the nation in national championships since the BCS was instituted, it leads in victory percentage vs nonconference foes, and pretty much every analyst out admits that the SEC is the strongest conference every year. It is really just a mismatch. LSU had like 4 1st round NFL draft picks last year and lost 2 SEC games. They then played Notre Dame, who was supposed to be USC's toughest opponent - and they slaughtered them.
Old 09-02-07, 10:18 PM   #892
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

Ahemm....
At least the Pac 10 play each other to determine an undisputed champion, unlike you sissies from the SEC who tend to dodge each other and other high ranked opponents.
Old 09-02-07, 10:33 PM   #893
bassfisher02

Now I know you havent a clue. The Gators, just one of the SEC teams, plays EIGHT [8] opponents in the SEC, out of TWELVE [12] all together. So where do you see us dodging opponents in our conference?? We play only 4 opponents out of our conference. LSU is ranked #2 in the nation, we play them... how are we dodging them? Think before you talk... then only reason PAC10 only plays eachother is because they would get their asses handed to them if they played any other conference. So who are the real 'sissies' here?
Old 09-02-07, 10:47 PM   #894
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

OK bassfisher, let's make a bet. I'm at a big dissadvantage here, 'cause the top Pac 10 teams play a tougher schedule. Let's say a Pac 10 team finishes above the Gators. You in?
Old 09-02-07, 10:57 PM   #895
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

......$100?
Old 09-02-07, 11:23 PM   #896
WTL

Otto, the PAC10 needs a championship game at the end of the regular season before they can say anything. They also need to allow Fresno or Boise State and Hawaii in the conference.

BTW, you can only play 12 games a year, regular season. There are 12 teams in the SEC. You must play I think 3 non conference games. Do the math. We can't play everyone in the conference, not enough games in the season.

You really dont know football very well. I dont know if 02 should take the bet because its handicapped, Florida might stumble this year with their tough schedule and USC (they will be the highest ranked pac10 team) again plays very few good teams except for Cal (UCLA is ok, about as good as Kentucky and Notre Dame lost by 30 to a mid level ACC team from the south yesterday).
Old 09-02-07, 11:25 PM   #897
bassfisher02

First of all, USC will most likely finish above the Gators, I'm not disputing that. I dont know where you get that the 2 top PAC10 teams [USC and Cal] have a tougher schedule, both have an easier schedule than the GAtors:

USC only plays 3 ranked teams as of right now, which are #20 Nebraska [toughy, psh] #12 Cal, and #14 UCLA.

The Schedule:
Idaho
#20 Nebraska
Wash. St.
Washington
Stanford
Arizona
Notre Dame
Oregon
Oregon St.
#12 Cal
Arizona St.
#14 UCLA

Cal also only plays 3 ranked teams as of now, #15 Tenn, #14 UCLA, and #1 USC.

The Schedule:
#15 Tenn
Colorado St.
LA Tech
Arizona
Oregon
Oregon St.
#14 UCLA
Arizona St.
Wash. St.
#1 Usc
Washington
Stanford

Now lets look at Florida, playing 5 ranked opponents, #15 Tenn, #18 Auburn, #2 LSU, #13 Georgia, and #19 FSU.

The Schedule:
W. Kentucky
Troy
#15 Tenn
Ole Miss
#18 Auburn
#2 LSU
Kentucky
#13 Georgia
Vandy
S. Carolina
FL Atlantic
#19 FSU

So looking at the schedules, I'm sure everyone can see whose is tougher.

The only reason USC is always ranked #1 is because their schedule isnt that tough.
Old 09-02-07, 11:34 PM   #898
WTL

But despite all that, let me reiterate that tinursea sucks.

Old 09-02-07, 11:37 PM   #899
bassfisher02

Very true, what exactly is going on in that picture? No self-respecting player would actually go on their knees in front of an opponent... and it doesnt look like a would-be tackle.
Old 09-03-07, 12:14 AM   #900
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

Fresno St, Boise St., or Hawaii would all dominate in the SEC. They are all quality teams. The only reason they struggle with Pac 10 (or any other) opponents is depth. Their 1st stringers are as good as any in the nation.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.