Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-24, 01:30 PM   #1
senkosam
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Simple is a simple does

Mods do work and even the usual unmodified lures have their place when using various techniques and retrieves.

I post about the Gary Y Kut Tail worm basically using a light jighead and proper hook size to exit the lure in the right place. The exposed hook (not T-rigged) can catch fish of all kinds from the surface to any depth below it. But here is one I discovered by accident after a pickerel bit off the tail of a twister tail grub using only the body.

The action using a combination of rod tip twitch and slight reel handle turns makes the lure dart/ glide/ and drop slowly.

I fashioned a few from the front part of other soft plastics i took from molds.

Chartreuse and black is another:

BTW, I do believe some colors do well in most waters - perch colors especially: chartreuse/black and orange. Don't know why but have more confidence in soft plastics using that color combo.

They caught everything in 4 different lakes including some decent bass, pickerel and a load of panfish.

If you got some curl tail grubs lying around, remove the tail and rig on 1/24 or 1/16 oz ball heads and see how they move using the above retrieve. Even a child can fish on it even using a float.

Who knew a do-nothing lure with no tail would be able to catch fish with a unique action such as this?!

BTW, color choice is one I adhere to for different lures - including soft plastics. As you've noticed from the examples, yellow perch colors is one of my confidence colors: chartreuse/black and orange. (Dye use to color those above.)

Last edited by senkosam; 01-25-24 at 01:40 PM.
senkosam is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.