Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-06, 06:19 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
1FASTLASER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: crossett,arkansas
Posts: 2,777
Default Forgot to post

I did forget to post this past weekends results from the Chambers tourney I fished. Me and my partner did catch some fish but the bite was hard. After at least a month of those bass being beaten to death everyday they only gave up 28 weighed in bags of bass for 132 teams which me an my partner decided to not weigh in. We had 3 fish that made the length limit that weighed 3.78. Winning weight for the tourney was 12.12 with big bass honors going to a unlucky bass that weighed 5.01. I was not disappointed at all due to conditions. There will be a comeback tourney for me in the very near future. All attention has turned to different rivers and lakes for at least 2 months. Those fish will have time to settle back down now. Me and my partner figured out there where approx. 3800 boats that fished 3 tourneys on the Quachita over the past month. Talk about pressure, plus all the Pre fishing that was done which brings me to my next statement. I cannot for the life of me figure out why so many people soremouth there fish knowing damn well they gonna be fishing that place the next day. Dont make good sense to me. I go in with hooks turned in and get a few bites then leave. I never set the hook. All I wanna do is get some attention from the fish and then leave. So many people made the statement"Yesterday I was mopping up ....went back today and nothing...."Talk about dumb.
__________________
Laser's rule with Merc's doing the pushing..........KEEP THE WETSIDE DOWN AND THE DRY SIDE UP!!!!!!
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 06:52 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,655
Default

Thats the way of a tounament guys life laser,
ya have to sore lip em so that night at the hotel everyone can listen to
'his perception of the pattern' rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 10:33 AM   #3
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
skeeter944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Somewhere in South Carolina
Posts: 2,377
Default

you will do better next time,you can only get better. good luck in the future!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 03:01 PM   #4
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
H2O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER
I did forget to post this past weekends results from the Chambers tourney I fished. Me and my partner did catch some fish but the bite was hard. After at least a month of those bass being beaten to death everyday they only gave up 28 weighed in bags of bass for 132 teams which me an my partner decided to not weigh in. We had 3 fish that made the length limit that weighed 3.78. Winning weight for the tourney was 12.12 with big bass honors going to a unlucky bass that weighed 5.01. I was not disappointed at all due to conditions. There will be a comeback tourney for me in the very near future. All attention has turned to different rivers and lakes for at least 2 months. Those fish will have time to settle back down now. Me and my partner figured out there where approx. 3800 boats that fished 3 tourneys on the Quachita over the past month. Talk about pressure, plus all the Pre fishing that was done which brings me to my next statement. I cannot for the life of me figure out why so many people soremouth there fish knowing damn well they gonna be fishing that place the next day. Dont make good sense to me. I go in with hooks turned in and get a few bites then leave. I never set the hook. All I wanna do is get some attention from the fish and then leave. So many people made the statement"Yesterday I was mopping up ....went back today and nothing...."Talk about dumb.

Great point. I'm an ESL person, so when you said "I go in with hooks turned in...", I kinda understand, however, could you tell what exactly you did? I mean how you did on your hook? Thanks.

H2O
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-06, 06:35 AM   #5
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
1FASTLASER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: crossett,arkansas
Posts: 2,777
Default

What I mean is when I am prefishing I will leave the hooks on a bait so that the bait will still have the correct action but I will actually roll the hook point closed so that the bass CANT get hooked. On spinnerbaits I will cut the hook off, crankbaits close the gap,scumfrogs close the gap so forth etc etc. Its much more impotant for me to get the bite when prefishing than it is to catch the bass. That way I can get a decent idea of what they want,how they want it and an idea of the quality of the bass. by the way what do you mean by "ESL" person.
__________________
Laser's rule with Merc's doing the pushing..........KEEP THE WETSIDE DOWN AND THE DRY SIDE UP!!!!!!
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-06, 12:45 PM   #6
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
H2O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER
What I mean is when I am prefishing I will leave the hooks on a bait so that the bait will still have the correct action but I will actually roll the hook point closed so that the bass CANT get hooked. On spinnerbaits I will cut the hook off, crankbaits close the gap,scumfrogs close the gap so forth etc etc. Its much more impotant for me to get the bite when prefishing than it is to catch the bass. That way I can get a decent idea of what they want,how they want it and an idea of the quality of the bass. by the way what do you mean by "ESL" person.
Thanks a lot.

"ESL" means English as Second Languege
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-06, 05:49 AM   #7
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
1FASTLASER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: crossett,arkansas
Posts: 2,777
Default

No problem buddy. I really enjoy sharing any tips or ideas that I have and helping folks out.
__________________
Laser's rule with Merc's doing the pushing..........KEEP THE WETSIDE DOWN AND THE DRY SIDE UP!!!!!!
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 01:09 PM   #8
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
zooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: denton nc
Posts: 13,441
Default

h2o
having spoke wid laser on the phone. his grasp of da english aint none too good either..

zooker
__________________
the godfather..
aml in remission since 7-20-09
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 02:29 PM   #9
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
H2O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
h2o
having spoke wid laser on the phone. his grasp of da english aint none too good either..

zooker

lol... . I hope this will gimme more confidence.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 06:20 AM   #10
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
1FASTLASER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: crossett,arkansas
Posts: 2,777
Default

eh...wat dat mean der hombre?? LOL
__________________
Laser's rule with Merc's doing the pushing..........KEEP THE WETSIDE DOWN AND THE DRY SIDE UP!!!!!!
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2013 BassFishin.Com LLC