Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-06, 06:19 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
1FASTLASER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: crossett,arkansas
Posts: 2,777
Default I'm BACK

Hey folks. Finally getting back to mormal or as normal as I can get. Witht he truck tranny blowing up and the move and all been real busy. Glad to see ya all.
__________________
Laser's rule with Merc's doing the pushing..........KEEP THE WETSIDE DOWN AND THE DRY SIDE UP!!!!!!
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-06, 07:18 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,655
Default

Welcome back laser, have ya had time to fish any?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-06, 07:34 AM   #3
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
pig n jig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avoca, NY
Posts: 3,507
Default

Welcome back Laser. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-06, 07:41 AM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,655
Default

pnj, ya figured out "mormal as normal" yet?
that an'it right ....lord forgive me and all the pigmies in new Guinea lol
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-06, 08:48 AM   #5
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
rrw4258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bellevue, Ohio
Posts: 2,338
Default

welcome back dude and get out there and catch some hawgs!!!

rrw4258
(Ryan)
__________________
Never Give Up!
rrw4258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-06, 09:01 AM   #6
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
crankybait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: marlboro, nj
Posts: 3,250
Default

welcome back laser!
__________________
www.fishinfanatics.com
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-06, 11:42 AM   #7
bassking22
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member
 
bassking22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 630
Default

Welcome back
__________________
Does anyone know of a fishing addictions program? Cause I need one.
bassking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-06, 01:43 PM   #8
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
zooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: denton nc
Posts: 13,441
Default

he told me last night that he aint wet a line in 3 weeks. it will be a while affore he gets it wet again-month maybe more-

zooker
__________________
the godfather..
aml in remission since 7-20-09
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-06, 01:52 PM   #9
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
Rebbasser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 10,140
Default

Glad to see you back, buddy!
__________________
It's happened to the best of them: John 21:3
Rebbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 07:24 AM   #10
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,655
Default

Guess who's back
Back again
Lasers back
Tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back
guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back..
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 10:21 AM   #11
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
crankybait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: marlboro, nj
Posts: 3,250
Default

On July 24th, 2006, JB said this at 7:24 AM
"Guess who's back
Back again
Lasers back
Tell a friend"

in response:

tupac>eminem anyday
__________________
www.fishinfanatics.com

Last edited by crankybait; 07-24-06 at 01:39 PM.
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 11:00 AM   #12
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
bassintom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: washington(northwest) N.J.
Posts: 3,955
Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom
Default

welcome back laser..it was awful quiet around here without you..
was that necessary stinky?
__________________
A man's gotta believe in something...I believe I'll go fishing.
bassintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 11:32 AM   #13
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
1FASTLASER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: crossett,arkansas
Posts: 2,777
Default

LOL dont know what stinky said.....hell Icant read giberish
__________________
Laser's rule with Merc's doing the pushing..........KEEP THE WETSIDE DOWN AND THE DRY SIDE UP!!!!!!
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 12:58 PM   #14
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
crankybait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: marlboro, nj
Posts: 3,250
Default

JB's post was from an eminem song. i really do not like eminem. i find tupac to be greater. > is the greater than sign. my post pretty said that tupac was greater than eminem. not necessary... but i dont think its detrimental to the topic. ill delete it if you want.
__________________
www.fishinfanatics.com
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 01:16 PM   #15
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,655
Default

cranky,
being used to seeing the greater than > symbol from time to time, I feel a rant comming on and pinpointing it in your direction..

One of the most annoying features of many Bassfishin' posts messages which I have seen recently has been the apparent inability or unwillingness of many people to properly and appropriately quote the text of previous messages in their replies and followups. The consequences of poor quoting practice are not only annoying, but are often downright wasteful of other peoples' time and bandwidth.
Unfortunately, this situation is not helped by much of the software which is commonly in use and which tends to discourage proper quoting practice.
Typically, when responding to a particular forum post, one might want to include a portion of the previous message in order to make clear the text to which he is responding. This can be particularly important in bassfishin posts, since different posts tend to arrive at different sites at different times, and often in a nonsequential order. As a result, it is necessary to give some context for the reader to interpret the followup comment, since the original article might not have arrived at his site yet. Similarly, in email, it is useful to provide some context to the reply in order to allow the recipient to quickly remember what he had said in the earlier message to which someone is replying.


Quoting is thus usually indicated by some sort of attribution line (that says something like "On January 16, 2001, Jon Doe wrote..."), followed by the original text indented with the ">" (greater-than) symbol preceding each line. In Usenet communications, the Message-ID of the earlier post is often included as well. This helps the reader to quickly determine two things: who wrote the original text, and which of the lines in the response are a quotation from the original message and which ones are new text not in the original.
As can be seen above, I would have deleted all the original text from the earlier message, with the exception of the line to which I am responding, and have added my new text underneath it, as if in a standard question-and-answer format. The attribution line would have been added automatically by my mail client (which, in my case, is Pine). If there had been several points and I had wanted to reply to each one individually, I would have interspersed my comments with the original ones, trimming out any unnecessary lines, and placing my comments below the originals, and adding white space (blank lines) between them.
In any case, it can be seen clearly that this type of quoting practice, which essentially involves editing the original message to include only the lines to which the sender is replying (but not editing the content, of course) and then leaving some white space and adding the reply below the original text, makes logical sense, and the question and answer format flows as one would expect.
> blah stuff words words words words words
more words more stuff more blah blahblah blah

As should be obvious from the above examples, quoting the entire original message below the original message is totally ludicrous for several reasons:
First, it is confusing--it isn't clear exactly what Some One is responding to. It's probably one of the lines in the original message, but, because the response is placed at the top and the entire original message is quoted below, the response is fairly difficult to comprehend. Not only is the entire original message quoted, but the response is placed above it, resulting in something that does not "read" properly from top to bottom.
Second, quoting the entire original message wastes peoples' time; if Someone Else wanted to refresh himself on what Some One wants to do, he would have to re-read the entire original message, which would be a real waste of time. This both annoys the recipient and sends the message that the sender doesn't value the recipient's time highly enough to trim out the extra junk.
Finally, quoting the entire original message (whether above or below the response) is a horrible waste of bandwidth, particularly if an exchange takes place over time between two people who both use abusive quoting practices, and several old messages are appended to each of the subsequent messages. If everyone were to suddenly begin using this sort of practice, the volume of mail that has to be handled would instantaneously increase to more than double its original size, increasing costs for everyone who wanted to send or receive email.
See above--replying at the top and quoting the entire original message is illogical, confusing, insulting to the recipient, and a waste of bandwidth. Trimming the original message down to the relevant sections and including the replies underneath the relevant sections of the original text is much more logical, easier to read, more respectful of the recipient, and less likely to cause confusion at a later date.
HOPE THAT HELPS
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 01:20 PM   #16
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member
 
bassthumb32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Fort Loudon, PA
Posts: 682
Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32
Default

welome back good buddy.
__________________
MY LIFETIME GOAL IS TO KEEP AT LEAST A SMALL CASE OF BASSTHUMB FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.
bassthumb32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 01:42 PM   #17
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
Captmikestarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Accokeek MD
Posts: 3,313
Smile 20 line rule invoked..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
cranky,
being used to seeing the greater than > symbol from time to time, I feel a rant comming on and pinpointing it in your direction..

One of the most annoying features of many Bassfishin' posts messages which I have seen recently has been the apparent inability or unwillingness of many people to properly and appropriately quote the text of previous messages in their replies and followups. The consequences of poor quoting practice are not only annoying, but are often downright wasteful of other peoples' time and bandwidth.
Unfortunately, this situation is not helped by much of the software which is commonly in use and which tends to discourage proper quoting practice.
Typically, when responding to a particular forum post, one might want to include a portion of the previous message in order to make clear the text to which he is responding. This can be particularly important in bassfishin posts, since different posts tend to arrive at different sites at different times, and often in a nonsequential order. As a result, it is necessary to give some context for the reader to interpret the followup comment, since the original article might not have arrived at his site yet. Similarly, in email, it is useful to provide some context to the reply in order to allow the recipient to quickly remember what he had said in the earlier message to which someone is replying.


Quoting is thus usually indicated by some sort of attribution line (that says something like "On January 16, 2001, Jon Doe wrote..."), followed by the original text indented with the ">" (greater-than) symbol preceding each line. In Usenet communications, the Message-ID of the earlier post is often included as well. This helps the reader to quickly determine two things: who wrote the original text, and which of the lines in the response are a quotation from the original message and which ones are new text not in the original.
As can be seen above, I would have deleted all the original text from the earlier message, with the exception of the line to which I am responding, and have added my new text underneath it, as if in a standard question-and-answer format. The attribution line would have been added automatically by my mail client (which, in my case, is Pine). If there had been several points and I had wanted to reply to each one individually, I would have interspersed my comments with the original ones, trimming out any unnecessary lines, and placing my comments below the originals, and adding white space (blank lines) between them.
In any case, it can be seen clearly that this type of quoting practice, which essentially involves editing the original message to include only the lines to which the sender is replying (but not editing the content, of course) and then leaving some white space and adding the reply below the original text, makes logical sense, and the question and answer format flows as one would expect.
> blah stuff words words words words words
more words more stuff more blah blahblah blah

As should be obvious from the above examples, quoting the entire original message below the original message is totally ludicrous for several reasons:
First, it is confusing--it isn't clear exactly what Some One is responding to. It's probably one of the lines in the original message, but, because the response is placed at the top and the entire original message is quoted below, the response is fairly difficult to comprehend. Not only is the entire original message quoted, but the response is placed above it, resulting in something that does not "read" properly from top to bottom.
Second, quoting the entire original message wastes peoples' time; if Someone Else wanted to refresh himself on what Some One wants to do, he would have to re-read the entire original message, which would be a real waste of time. This both annoys the recipient and sends the message that the sender doesn't value the recipient's time highly enough to trim out the extra junk.
Finally, quoting the entire original message (whether above or below the response) is a horrible waste of bandwidth, particularly if an exchange takes place over time between two people who both use abusive quoting practices, and several old messages are appended to each of the subsequent messages. If everyone were to suddenly begin using this sort of practice, the volume of mail that has to be handled would instantaneously increase to more than double its original size, increasing costs for everyone who wanted to send or receive email.
See above--replying at the top and quoting the entire original message is illogical, confusing, insulting to the recipient, and a waste of bandwidth. Trimming the original message down to the relevant sections and including the replies underneath the relevant sections of the original text is much more logical, easier to read, more respectful of the recipient, and less likely to cause confusion at a later date.
HOPE THAT HELPS
I think he broke the twenty line rule so I did not read this.. But I did quote it...

Capt Mike
__________________
Capt Mike Starrett light tackle guide Potomac River
http://www.indianheadcharters.com
Captmikestarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 07:31 PM   #18
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
Rebbasser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 10,140
Default

Quote:
tupac>eminem anyday
two packs better than an enima any day? I reckon so !
__________________
It's happened to the best of them: John 21:3
Rebbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 09:37 PM   #19
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
lizardsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
Posts: 7,374
Default

Welcome back Laser. Hope life hasn't been beating ya down too much. Just get out of Arkieslaw all together, and move to Florida, the Bass are bigger rotfl.

Lizards
__________________
There are three types of Snakes I hate 1. Live Snakes 2. Dead Snakes 3. Sticks that look like Snakes. And Gators too!
lizardsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-06, 10:41 PM   #20
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
flfireman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Palm Bay, Fl
Posts: 2,751
Default

Glad to see you back Laser.
__________________
In the Lord all things are possible.
flfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-06, 11:09 PM   #21
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ocala, FL. 1/2 hour southwest of Rodman
Posts: 1,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser
two packs better than an enima any day? I reckon so !
I don't smoke, but I agree, I'd rather smoke 2 packs a day than have an enema.
__________________
Lizardsrule may not be able to drive a boat, but he can sure put you on the fish!
Rodman_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-06, 01:15 AM   #22
ILfishinman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member
 
ILfishinman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 706
Send a message via AIM to ILfishinman Send a message via MSN to ILfishinman
Default

welcome back!
__________________
If light moves at 670616629 MPH, how fast is Dark?
Bass count 07: lost count
ILfishinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-06, 02:06 PM   #23
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
Fish2win's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Norris Tennessee
Posts: 469
Default

Wow Laser you sure got things stirred up.m Its a good thinmg you didnt say something about soemones momma. Welcome Back. Fish2win
__________________
Norris Tennessee
set the hook! They dont have hands.
Fish2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-06, 02:47 PM   #24
omahabasser
BassFishin.Com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish2win
Its a good thinmg you didnt say something about soemones momma.
What you sa about my mamma?

Welcome back
omahabasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-06, 02:55 PM   #25
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
WTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 7,466
Default

Cranky, who the hell cares about Tupac or Eminem? They are both no talent media creations.

Welcome back Lazer! We need your mature bass fishing sensibilities with the surplus of youngsters on board.
__________________
Selling live waterdogs for less since 2005.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2013 BassFishin.Com LLC