Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-11, 03:21 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Alabama - we have a problem regarding Wheeler

Today I called the park to straighten out the reservations, as Billy was having a little difficulty, and the reservation could not be found.

There is one problem, I have actual cabin numbers now, and it seems the number of beds varies in the 2 BR & 3 BR cabins. Originally I understood the 2 BR to have a queen and 2 - twins. The 3 BR supposedly 4 twin & a queen. I had reserved a cabin type rather than a specific bed count and herein lies the problem.

UPDATED 22:30 hrs 4/13 - Hopefully this works, I still have to contact Daniel, but we will not be getting an extra cabin.

The 2 BR cabin we actually get has only 2 beds. That is CABIN #8 and goes to Daniel, Donald and Keith for 4 nights 5/18 - 5/21.
Cabin reservation confirmation - N7230. One of the three guys will need to call the park and once again change this reservation, put it in one of their names and ADD an extra day. (I've talked to Billy about this change)

Mrs Dickerson is OK in 1 BR CABIN #12 for 3 nights 5/19 - 5/21. Reservation confirmation - N7229

John is OK in 1 BR cabin #6 for 4 nights 5/18 - 5/21 Reservation Confirmation - N7228

Anthony - scheduled for CABIN #2 with his dad for 4 nights 5/18 - 5/21. The park needs you or your dad to call with your information @ 256-685-2656 this is the number for the cabin reservations, the number I have and appears on the Confirrmation letters is for the main park lodge, and they won't help you. I'm sorry about that, but only found out today when I called. Reservation Confirmatin - N7227. I did give them your name and address, should be easy to add your billing information and finialize the reservation.

My cabin - CABIN #10 same problem as the 2 BR we have 3 beds only and a sofa. We have 4 in the cabin for the week. I have a queen size air bed I can bring - the park charges $10 per night to add a cot and the air bed will be more comfortable and as this is my F*** UP I'll sleep on it.
Billy will be bunking with us, and may come a day early and staying with us is the least impact to any of the cabins. We can accomadate him whichever day he chooses to come in.

Having Billy in CABIN #10 (3 BR) eliminates the need to find a spot for two or possibly 3 guys for Wednesday night as his reservation was for 3 days (Thurs - Sat) only. Changing the 2 BR CABIN #8 to a 4 day reservation will now accomadate the 3 guys staying for 4 nights, Daniel, Donald and Keith, and leaves a bit of flexibility for Billy to come a day earlier if he chooses.

I am now totally bald, and have an uncontrolable twitch in my left eye........................

Last edited by bassboogieman; 04-13-11 at 10:26 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-11, 03:36 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Don't fry your mind about it, but I don't think my Dad is coming and I was counting on having at least one roomate to split the cost, possibly two. Again I can sleep on an air mattress with no problems whatsoever (it really makes zero difference to me, on spring break I slept in a reclining lawn chair on the balcony and it was great), so my cabin #8 can potentially take on 2 more. Then, perhaps another cabin can take on the other? I believe cabin 25 is located 100 yards away from the brick cabins, not that its a huge deal. I've actually stayed in 25 before.

Thanks again for all the effort you have put in. If you need to talk with me before tomorow, give me a call as I'm fixin to walk out of the library and dont have internet at my house.

Last edited by WTL; 04-13-11 at 03:42 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-11, 03:48 PM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

ugh.... I sent the confirmation with my dad to work so he could call, but I guess he hasn't yet... I'd do it myself, but it's going on his credit card...

If billy can take on two people, Daniel can stay with us like was planned before, if he doesn't mind an air mattress, which we could even bring.

BB
Old 04-13-11, 04:39 PM   #4
MississippiBoy

We can add two cots per cabin, right? So figuring that in, do we have enough room for everybody, whether they sleep on a bed, or a cot, or an air mattress? If we do, don't get another cabin...I've got an air mattress, and that thing sleeps better than most motel room beds I've slept on. If Billy's dad isn't coming, I can take that room, or if he is, I'll take the floor, or I can stay in the cabin with Anthony and his dad, on the air mattress or in a bed......I just plain don't care ....if you ask Bama, we Mississippians sleep on a slab of granite with a limestone pillow, anyway.
Old 04-13-11, 05:26 PM   #5
bassboogieman

Cots, again are $10 per night from the park, so if you have air beds, cots or mattresses that will save you some $$$$.

**Original post has been updated with changes. Please refer to it for the latest saga of the cabins.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 04-13-11 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-13-11, 05:51 PM   #6
bamabassman

bruce, so sorry this is confusing. good ol bama gals in charge (auburn fans i think,hehe).

but you my friend have done a fantastic job. thank you again. i'm see if i can get you something "special". (start worrying,hehehehe)
Old 04-13-11, 06:56 PM   #7
keithdog

Ya know, I read all that and I'm very confused, haha. Sorry bout that. Actually, all of us trying to fit in together will make for some darn good stories down the line, hahaha. As long as I don't end up spooning with any of you guys, I'm fine. Not sure I can do a cot though with this back of mine. One night probably, but 4 nights, not sure. I think the closer we are all together the better, especially for lounging around outside at night telling our stories and what not. And for listening to John explain why lisa is filling the livewell. Anyways, I did want to add one thing. If we do researve another cabin and I'm in it, I would very much appreciate if one of my cabin mates would take care of securing the cabin. I don't want to sound like a tool, but I'm thinking about what I'm dealing with here at home with Tim. While he is home now and things are better than last week, it's still an iffy situation that can change at any moment. And if there is another emergency near May 18th, I might not be able to get away, God forbid!!! Because I am still 100% planning on comming. But I have to be honest. My boy comes first if something unexpected happens.

Last edited by keithdog; 04-13-11 at 10:21 PM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-11, 08:40 PM   #8
bassboogieman

With Keith's situation, the other possibilty - there are so darn many - is Keith, Daniel & Donald go in the 2 BR cabin . . . . . . Billy's dad does not come. That way Keith can get one of the beds. Those three guys are going for 4 days. Billy, is only planning on 3 days, the shortest stay, so he could come in our cabin as he's so easy to please with the sleeping situation. That would be mean getting the 2 BR cabin for an additional day and changing the reservation to the name of Daniel or Donald (see Keith's post above).

Got in touch with Billy, he will move in to the 3 BR cabin. That leaves the 2 BR cabin for the 3 guys staying 4 nights. I'll call Daniel tomorrow and see if he will take over the reservation, have him call the park, then we are done. This will change the name on the reservation and the number of nights increases by one.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 04-13-11 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-13-11, 10:03 PM   #9
nofearengineer

I've got an air mattress I can bring for my brother. It's pretty big (queen size), so I hope we won't have any problems fitting it in. I don't know...we'll figure it out when we get there.
Old 04-13-11, 10:14 PM   #10
bamabassman

we'll bring an air mattress as well, full size....i think.

listen folks, i know that there are some troubles here, but trust me....it'll work out just fine. we'll find SOMEPLACE FOR EVERYONE TO SLEEP. IF YA'LL LOOK A TEH PICS OF THE FIRST EVENT AT goose pond, OYU'LL SE OL MISSISSIPPIBOY SLEEPING OUT IN A SCREENED IN COVER,LOL. it'l work out, i promise.
Old 04-13-11, 10:31 PM   #11
bassboogieman

I've updated the orginal posting. Good idea Bryce and John, bringing an air bed, I will also.
I'm still pizzed at the park for not explaining the bed counts not being consistant in cabins with the same BR count. This has been one heck of a learning experience, Guntersville Park was much easier - but then, I didn't take care of THOSE reservations. LOL!
Old 04-14-11, 11:01 AM   #12
MississippiBoy

Sent you a PM, Bruce. I don't have a problem making the reservation, but I'm coming on Thursday the 19th, so I don't know if the park will open the cabin for anyone but the cardholder. If they will, no problem, we're good to go. But if they won't, we'll need a plan B...or C.....or K....
Old 04-14-11, 11:08 AM   #13
WTL

OK, so we have a working plan? Are we set?
Old 04-14-11, 02:41 PM   #14
bassboogieman

NO, I will call Donald this afternoon and see if he'll take the reservation. He and Keith are 4 day. Billy you're pretty much set depending on when you ACTUALLY arrive, just need to have your info removed from the cabin reservation. I'm about to go with "winging it", but if Billy comes in Wed he can move in to the 2 BR and the three can split the cost over the entire 4 days and the 3 day Daniel can bunk with us. Otherwise we will stick with plan X.
Old 04-14-11, 07:43 PM   #15
nobass

bruce you have pm with my cell number
Old 04-16-11, 02:42 PM   #16
MississippiBoy

So what's the word? Is everything straightened out?
Old 04-16-11, 04:10 PM   #17
bassboogieman

As of now yes. Donald secured the 2 BR cabin for 4 days Wed thru Sat.
Keith is 4 days and in that cabin too.
Billy is 3, possible 4 days - if 4 he can go in the 2 BR
Daniel you are 3 days, with us in the larger cabin. If Billy comes for the original 3 days, either of you can bunk in the 2 BR or 3 BR doesn't really matter you two can decide who bunks where, should you have a preference.
Bottom line is we have the original 5 cabins and everyone has a spot.
I have not heard from Anthony if they have changed the name yet on their cabin.
Old 04-16-11, 04:53 PM   #18
BigBassin144

I'll remind my dad AGAIN...

BB
Old 04-16-11, 05:01 PM   #19
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I'll remind my dad AGAIN...

BB
Ha...that's priceless.
Old 04-17-11, 11:54 AM   #20
WTL

I think we've gotten to the point where if something else happens, we'll make it work. Last time I did a trip like this to wilson I slept on a tiny island crowded with geese and all that comes with it, so if I could make that work, I can make this work.

Now, time to attempt an incredibly ill-advised redneck repair on my outboard.....
Old 04-17-11, 11:03 PM   #21
bamabassman

want me to bring my tools? i'll have the rope...err.....i mean the trable hook and string,lol.
Old 04-21-11, 05:59 PM   #22
BigBassin144

Ok, so after trying to get a hold of them for a week, we finally got our reservation set.

We tried calling every night this week and kept getting a fax?! Even the number they gave us from the main office got us the fax... Anyways, it's all set for check-in on the 18th, and checkout on the 22nd.

BB
Old 04-21-11, 06:45 PM   #23
bassboogieman

Thanks Anthony!!
Old 04-23-11, 08:21 AM   #24
bamabassman

ok, just wanting to make sure we have the sleeping quarters zeroed in bruce. is everyone set and ready?

and also, are we all ready for some FISHING!?!? I AM!!

IT WON'T BE LONG NOW FOR SURE GANG, LONG WINTER IS GONE! SPRING IS HERE!

i have my cousin out getting a fishing report for us. from what i have been able to get the water levels are up and down from all the snow and rain from the storms passing through. the bait of choice RIGHT NOW is the shaky head and the pig-n-jig. the smallies are in 1-4 ft of water this can change form now till when we arrive though. rain and fronts are pushing the bass off the points and ledges. they are wanting to bed, but keep getting pushed back. hopefully int he next week they will be beded and off by the time we arrive.

GEAR UP GANG!!

Last edited by bamabassman; 04-23-11 at 08:33 AM.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 07:03 PM   #25
bamabassman

Bump!!! Still paln as things are a go!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.