Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-07, 03:34 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Thank goodness for these forums!!!!!!

All I can say is Thank God for these forums. As I sit here, it is 20 degrees outside and snowing like a crystal snowglobe. If it were not for these forums, I MIGHT actually have to get up off my duff and do something usefull. I could be cleaning up the garage, which is long overdue. I could be clearing the walks and driveway, spreading a little salt. Cleaning up the fireplace, or even going xmas shopping. But thanks to this web site, and all the good folks in here who contribute, I can avaoid all those unpleasentries and remain here all cozy like with a hot cup of joe.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 03:39 PM   #2
Wags
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Wags Send a message via Yahoo to Wags

AMEN my brother!!!!!!!! In unrelated news, I have gained about 15 lbs. since I have signed on....gee thanks
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 04:15 PM   #3
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
All I can say is Thank God for these forums. As I sit here, it is 20 degrees outside and snowing like a crystal snowglobe. If it were not for these forums, I MIGHT actually have to get up off my duff and do something usefull. I could be cleaning up the garage, which is long overdue. I could be clearing the walks and driveway, spreading a little salt. Cleaning up the fireplace, or even going xmas shopping. But thanks to this web site, and all the good folks in here who contribute, I can avaoid all those unpleasentries and remain here all cozy like with a hot cup of joe.
And why aren't you fishing? Are you gonna let a little chill stop you from catching those bass? Come on dude... are ya man or mouse?
hehehe...
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 05:29 PM   #4
Bender

I'm in the same boat I guess. The ice is not thick enough to be safe right now here, there was rain earlier in the week and now it is only 1-3" thick. Too thick for a 1 oz. jig to break, but not safe for my fat a%%.
I'm going bowling now I think. Also getting ready to start a new hobby and try to make some soft baits over the winter. (maybe, I suck at artsy stuff, but I want to try)
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 07:09 PM   #5
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Keithdog, I'm sitting here waiting for that snow and stuff to come my way. How bad was it?

Bender, Good luck with that. If you don't already have the stuff to make your plastics check this website out. you could even drive to the store if you wanted to. http://jannsnetcraft.com/

BB
Old 12-15-07, 09:27 PM   #6
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
AMEN my brother!!!!!!!! In unrelated news, I have gained about 15 lbs. since I have signed on....gee thanks

aww geee i have gone grey and lost 60 pounds in the last year...

weather is suckin now 38 and pouring rain...-have i ever mentioned i HATE rain?-..

zooker
Old 12-16-07, 12:30 AM   #7
Christopherkeene9

Ahh a high of 80* today and didn't have to worry about too much. But it looks like I'm gonna have to pull out the jeans and hood for tomorrow with a forcasted high of 66*, burrrrrr
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 01:22 AM   #8
keithdog

BigBassin, it's still snowin. And cold. Supposed to get 10 - 12 inches of the white stuff overnight. Then 30 mph winds tomorrow. Guess I'll just hang out here and gain another 2 pounds with Wags, hehe
Old 12-16-07, 09:26 AM   #9
brushhog

Snow and Ice slammin' us right now... I should probably go out and clear the driveway, but I think I'll sit right here and finish my second donut, after that I got a new Field and Stream to read... Maybe my neighbor will do the driveway if I stay in long enough!
Old 12-16-07, 01:02 PM   #10
ROBZILLA

Dude I'm the furthest north and life in the snow belt region! thats like tornado alley for Texas. were getting slammed today big time. I'll be ice fishing next week.
Old 12-16-07, 02:27 PM   #11
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

"Winter Wonderland" here. Just been gettin' the dogs out and doin' some gold ole' bunny huntin'. This is what is was like here today. Had 3 hour of plowing wrapped up between three driveways. Thank God I could come home to this site and waste time!

5-8" in some places. Suppose to get 10-16" when all is said and done...

-LL-
Old 12-16-07, 03:23 PM   #12
Christopherkeene9

Those pix give me shivvers. It's getting into the low 70's with some wind and I'm getting cold.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 09:26 PM   #13
Bender

My poor VW got stuck today on my street, it snowed a lot here. All in all I spent 4+ hours behind my snowblower. Best $125 I ever spent, old Ariens from the 70's I think. I talked to my dad in Warsaw, IN and he said they measured 14" this morning; here I couldn't tell because of the drifting, I'd guess 8-10".
Old 12-16-07, 09:57 PM   #14
keithdog

Hey Bender, I live up here in Valpo. We got 8 inches, but I heard that Plymouth got 18 inches. They must have been in that snow belt out there. Been running my snow blower off and on today too. I'd be lost without it.
Old 12-16-07, 10:29 PM   #15
brushhog

I live in Central NY, year in and year out we have some of the highest snowfall in the country, hard to believe but true. By the way, my neighbor did come over and do my driveway for me
Old 12-16-07, 10:37 PM   #16
Bender

We got our share:
Weber Grill:
Truck:
Deck:
Garage:
Old 12-17-07, 11:16 AM   #17
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

LL, Bender, you guys got a lot more than we did. I didn't realize this storm hit so bad north of us. One good thing came out of it, well a couple. No School and 25 bucks for plowing neighbor's driveway. (25 buck that went right into my fishing fund!)

BB
Old 12-17-07, 09:54 PM   #18
flfireman

Man o man, It was 41 when I went to work at 0700. Stayed chilly all day with the wind.You guys can have the white stuff.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.