Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-07, 08:14 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default high rock 12-18-07

brrrrrr ok it was freakin cold..19 degrees at launch time. water temp was 46. thinking bass fishing would have been a waste of time. i was diddlin my crappie jig along some docks and catching a few crappie here and there..shootin the jig under pontoons and such i feel a hit and set the hook. i fight out a 15" bass that is almost white in coloration. i shot the jig between the toon and the dock. again a hit and hook set this fish has me all wrapped up in ropes and bumpers. -not to mention the 10" space between the dock and boat- i pull out a nice 2+ pound bass. 5 more crappie fall to the jig. i move up to a differant place with docks and hydro ports. crappie are fallin for the jig left and right. i finally feel a hit set the hook and off to the races we go. i tried to pull him out of a brush pile but it is persistant in going there. a 7 foot ul rod REALLY aint a rod you can horse a fish around with. as the fish breaks the surface i realize it aint the cat fish i thought it was. it was a 6 pound 14 once largemouth that was nearly snow white in coloration.. the rush of big fish all upon me.. whoo i love that feeling... a few more crappie fall to the jig..
all in all a decent day with 15 good crappie and three nice bass including a REAL toad..i love winter fishin...

zooker
Old 12-19-07, 04:07 PM   #2
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

19 degrees, man that was cold, alot colder than it was here.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.