Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-09, 12:21 PM   #1
Willvdh1
BassFishin.Com Member

Default My first attempt with a drop shot

OK, great little story here, I went out to my local lake, fished from the shore for 30 minutes or so with only 4 total casts'... I had my drop shot rig set up with 10lb floro and a 3/4 oz sinker. For bait I used a 10inch zoom junebug worm. My first cast got caught up in the wind a little bit and blew over a stump, I knew that if I reeled it in I was most likely going to get hung up, which is what happened... Next cast I took in acount the wind and hit the targeted area. ( about 14 feet deep, just off the end of a series of stumps and bush piles near the mouth of a cove.) I twitched it for about 5 seconds and landed the biggest bass of the year for me. 5 lbs 2 oz!!! It was awesome. Anyhow, I got the fish to the bank after I wore it out for a good bit. I was so excited and am definetly becoming a fan of the drop shot. Mind you this was only my second cast.. Ok, so I wanted to hit the same area again, maybe catch a large male that was still in the area.. I made a cast to the same spot only to get hung up on the sharp rocks below... I had to cut my line again and set up another rig. 10 minutes later the same thing happens. So my question is for drop shotting... Is it ill advised to use from the bank since you aren't reeling strait up? and your weight drags over the rocks? I suppose if it was gravel I wouldnt be having this problem, but because of the rocks I lost some gear. This same thing also happened to me with a jig I was dancing along the bottom last week. What insight do you guys have? And thanks to our fearless leader Kevin.... I learned everything about a Drop shot from the videos. And now have a 5 lber to brag about.
Willvdh1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.