Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-10, 09:51 AM   #1
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default BassCat Sabre

Anyone ever fished from BassCat's Sabre? Specifically a 2001, which I believe is 18ft? I have an opportunity to buy one in very good condition without a motor for around 3-4k with a trailer that is in mint shape, the good news is that I have a friend who once owned a boat shop who has a 250HDPI (not sure on year) that he recently rebuilt and is offering to equip the engine and get her ready for water for 6k...would you do this? The boat itselft includes: batteries,trip bank charger, Lowrance finders(can't remember which models but they were upgraded a few years ago, I believe one is a x135) and a 70lb Minn Kota...

I've been thinkin' of selling my 20' Savage due to last year's fuel consumption from truck and boat...it's just too much boat to lug around and seems to be a little heavy for my F150. I really miss my old 18footer and feel that it was the right size for me. With the 18footer I could always manage to get into small creeks and shallower water and maneuver the boat perfectly..not so much with the 20 footer. Don't get me wrong it's been a hell of a boat, it runs like a champ and cuts through waves like a hot knife through butter. This may sound strange, but I think I'm most comfortable with 18'..I can take a beating on the waves (I'm still young) and I only weigh 165 and my partner is about the same so size is really a non issue.

So, what do you guys think? Would you make the change?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.