Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-10, 08:40 PM   #1
secure111

Default So I was watching the "Toyata Texas Bass Classic" today...

So I was watching the "Texas Bass Classic" today

From what I understand this is the best of the best or supposedly the best of the best.As I looked over the roster I did see several Key names Kevin Vandam,Edwin Evers and Kelly Jordan.Ok Great!!!

Classic Champ and two other prominent fisherman but what I dont understand is where's Skeet Reese? Ok so apparently he didnt quite make it in even though he had an absoloutely astounding season..

That could be overlooked but I start to look at the rest of the roster...
Jason Quinn,Shaw Grisby,Micheal Iaconelli and Gerald Swindle....

When was the last time Jason Quinn even made a top 10 in the elite series?

I am not sure why shaw grigsby was there maybe he was there to showoff and promote his sweet mustache...I think Micheal Iaconelli is jumping on the stache train to because he hasnt even made an appearance all year on the elite series...

Let see oh yes Gerald Swindle......When was the last time he even made a top 20? I bet he just showed up to help with the commentary the way he did during the AOY race this year.....

So uhhh yeh any thoughts????
Old 11-21-10, 11:01 PM   #2
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by secure111 View Post
So I was watching the "Texas Bass Classic" today

From what I understand this is the best of the best or supposedly the best of the best.As I looked over the roster I did see several Key names Kevin Vandam,Edwin Evers and Kelly Jordan.Ok Great!!!

Classic Champ and two other prominent fisherman but what I dont understand is where's Skeet Reese? Ok so apparently he didnt quite make it in even though he had an absoloutely astounding season..

Skeet Reese chose not to participate. That's why he wasn't there.

That could be overlooked but I start to look at the rest of the roster...
Jason Quinn,Shaw Grisby,Micheal Iaconelli and Gerald Swindle....

When was the last time Jason Quinn even made a top 10 in the elite series?

2010 TENNESSEE TRIUMPH - finished 4th

I am not sure why shaw grigsby was there maybe he was there to showoff and promote his sweet mustache...I think Micheal Iaconelli is jumping on the stache train to because he hasnt even made an appearance all year on the elite series...

Let see oh yes Gerald Swindle......When was the last time he even made a top 20?
2010 Bassmaster Classic (20) 2010 Blue Ridge Brawl (9th) 2010 Synergy Southern Challenge (17) Southern Open (2nd) and 2010 Tennessee Triumph (20th)
I bet he just showed up to help with the commentary the way he did during the AOY race this year.....

So uhhh yeh any thoughts????
My thoughts? Why didn't you qualify to fish? BTW, if you hadn't noticed I answered your questions for you. Oh, and Shaw Grigsby had 2 top tens in 2010 in the Elite Series.

Last edited by CamG; 11-21-10 at 11:13 PM.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-10, 07:41 AM   #3
nmanley
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nmanley

Not to mention this was the "Toyata Texas Bass Classic" and not a B.A.S.S. event. All those you mentioned are Toyota sponsored fisherman. Most of the big names not there are not with Toyota.
Old 11-22-10, 09:56 AM   #4
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Open mouth and insert foot, leg and thigh. As any good lawyer, or Engineer , will tell you - if you don't know the answer be careful how you ask your quesitions. Don't hesitate with questions or inquiries, someone here will know the answers and are very willing to share, but a less inflamatory approach often works much better. Stirring the pot is also a lot fun, you just need to know a little bit about the pot before you jump in, to avoid getting burned.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-10, 09:38 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamG View Post
My thoughts? Why didn't you qualify to fish? BTW, if you hadn't noticed I answered your questions for you. Oh, and Shaw Grigsby had 2 top tens in 2010 in the Elite Series.
HAHAHAHAHA Man I wish I would have seen this post in time to be the first to answer his questions. The roster for the event is very strong, but for the sake of your argument let's say that nobody in the tournament has had any strong showings in a long time.............you can change the channel if you don't want to watch it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.