Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-06, 08:30 PM   #1
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Good Customer Service

Although it took a while, this is good customer service:

Back in December I ordered a Falcon Low Rider spinning rod to use for shakey head worms from a company called Blackhawk Custom Outfitters. It is a MH spinning rod which are not all that common. Anyway, I waited a couple of weeks and when no rod arrived I contacted Blackhawk via email and they responded that the rod was on backorder and was scheduled to be shipped directly from Falcon that day. Well, a couple more weeks passed and still no rod. I contacted Blackhawk via email, and they were both surprised and apologetic that I still had not received the rod and would check into it and keep me posted. Day before yesterday I had a message on my answering machine from a guy at Falcon who said the rod I had ordered was still backordered and that if it was OK with me they would upgrade it to a Cara, which is the top of the line, at no additional cost. Needless to say that was fine with me. I get home from work today and there is a long cardboard tube on the front porch. Sure enough, it is a 6-6 MH Cara spinning rod. Like I said, it may have taken a while, but both Blackhawk Custom Outfitters and Falcon stepped up and did right by me. It is nice to know there are still some companies that care about their customers and will take care of them.
Old 02-08-06, 08:33 PM   #2
JB

Reb,
Good to hear! Its always nice to have some service behind the product and gives the workin' man a pat on the back.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 08:38 PM   #3
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thumbs up

Outstanding!!!

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 08:55 PM   #4
lizardsrule

Reb I'm glad you are happy, and appreciate the post. However I must say that IMO that wasn't good customer service. Good customer service would've been emailing you before you had to email them on 2 seperate occasions to get info on the rod you ordered. They waited till you were emailing them, before taking steps to stay on top of this. Why wouldn't they have simply emailed you that it was delayed instead of waiting to hear from you. I understand they upgraded the rod, and am happy they did, but they dropped the ball in the first place. This is just my opinion, and not intended to take away from your satisfaction in anyway. I know I'm not a computer guy, but I guarantee you that they have programs they can put in place that automatically send out emails on the items that are backordered. Or just have a daily log of items ordered and not shipped yet pop up everyday.

Lizards
Old 02-08-06, 09:23 PM   #5
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

If Reb originally order the rod by computor yopu are exactly correct lizards. They can have an auto responder that would pick up the order and reply. You also have a good point about them contacting him first.I know that when ever I order from BPS via the internet or from Moss Motors they will reply the same day and if there is any backordered items I know in less than 24 hours. If they had not heard from him they most likely would not have upgraded the rod. Having said that the upgrade was a nice gesture on thier part. Fish2win
Old 02-09-06, 08:12 PM   #6
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

I have a 6'6" medium heavy spinning rod, its not the one i planned on getting when i ordered from emerald rods, but i felt how light and sensitive it was and decided to keep it and buy ht one i originally wanted too.
Old 02-09-06, 08:32 PM   #7
PowerBass

Sounds great reb! Congrats on the new rod!
Old 02-12-06, 12:56 PM   #8
crankybait

lovin is it really that greaT? god i wish he sent you the heavy... i was going to get the MH
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-06, 01:42 PM   #9
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

lol yeah its great, were not sure if it was me or him that made the mistake. It mightve been me. Have you heard from him if theyre gonna make more MHs?
Old 02-12-06, 03:58 PM   #10
crankybait

emailed him yesterday, still waiting
Old 02-12-06, 04:02 PM   #11
crankybait

ooh... just got the email. he is in dispute witht he factory over costs and stuff. its not likely theyll be gettin more... damn that sucks. welli i guess ill go with a sirrus

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.