Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-09, 11:58 PM   #1
rangerryan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default maps software

i just got back from bass pro shops and the monkey didnt get me to bad but i did buy a pc/dvd navionics hot maps. it allows you to plot way points and view maps of more than 10000 lakes im still learning how to use it but so far its awsome. just wondering if any one has used this software.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 12:57 AM   #2
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Is that the DVD that is only $20?
If so I plan to order it as soon as I get a chance. From what I hear it is great for the price, and I love maps.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 01:40 AM   #3
Tall

I went with the hot spot chip, but they are lakes here in AR that are not enhanced on it like Lake Hamilton and I need the Navionics chip. Plus that will be better in my hand held I hunt finder when duck hunting in Bayou Meto and Turkey hunting in the Ouachita Mountains.

While at a BFL tourny last summer the Rep in the Lowrance both had to use the Nav. chip for Lake Hamilton where the tourny was held and I looked at the features some but was more interested on settings on my lowrance unit.

So, at some point I plan to get one for the lakes not on the hot spot chip and for hunting purposes.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16

Last edited by Tall; 03-01-09 at 01:49 AM.
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 02:02 AM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

which bass pro were you at? we were at springfields bass pro and the bait monkey put a pretty good whippin on me.
Old 03-01-09, 07:30 PM   #5
aikenyounggun

yeah my dad is trying to find an east navionics chip from 2008 so he dont have to pay so much for the 2009
Old 03-01-09, 10:14 PM   #6
rangerryan

i was at the basspro in Oklahoma City c-rig and it good to hear that i wasnt the only one the bait monkey got to. and yes bender it only cost 20 bucks it is definately worth the money. you can print almost any lake map that you want the only thing is you have to pay 20 bucks extra to get that map in high definition but all that it is, you get the contours in one foot increments instead of 10' but it serves its purpose well. by the way C-RIG have you ever fished lake Hudson?
Old 03-01-09, 10:17 PM   #7
rangerryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
yeah my dad is trying to find an east navionics chip from 2008 so he dont have to pay so much for the 2009
id like to upgrade to the 2009 but i think ill wait till 2010 and stay a year behind. but the navionics chips are definately awsome.
Old 03-01-09, 10:35 PM   #8
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerryan View Post
you can print almost any lake map that you want the only thing is you have to pay 20 bucks extra to get that map in high definition but all that it is, you get the contours in one foot increments instead of 10'
Ryan I have a question concerning the mapping upgrades; is this an additional piece of software that must be purchased seperately? Please explain, I'm confused.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 10:42 PM   #9
rangerryan

woody, it is an upgrade made by navionics you just load it onto your computer from their website it makes the lake maps show more contour. but it costs 19.99 per lake map so ill probably do without.
Old 03-01-09, 10:46 PM   #10
rangerryan

you can print the lake maps without them being in high def. and they are still really detailed.
Old 03-01-09, 10:55 PM   #11
woody

That answers my question.

Thank you,
Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-09, 01:02 AM   #12
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
C-RIG have you ever fished lake Hudson?
no i haven't ever been on hudson but i hear it is a great lake. a guy i fish with won a tournament on hudson a few years back, all his fish came off of the same dock.....i think he had a little over 25lbs
Old 03-02-09, 09:39 PM   #13
rangerryan

you wouldnt happen to know which dock it was do ya?
Old 03-02-09, 10:41 PM   #14
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
you wouldnt happen to know which dock it was do ya?
hahahaha no man i don't have a clue
Old 03-03-09, 01:28 PM   #15
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
Cabela's has the 2008 maps for $99 http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1
Old 03-03-09, 03:11 PM   #16
LCinOH
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Skype™ to LCinOH

Quote:
id like to upgrade to the 2009 but i think ill wait till 2010 and stay a year behind. but the navionics chips are definately awsome.

Ranger Ryan,
Don't forget about the Navionics Trade In Program. How old is your present chart? And what area are you fishing, N, S, E, W or Canada? Some of our areas have a LOT of new survey lakes. Just keep in mind that your old chart is always worth $$ when traded in.

Larry Carr
Navionics Inc
LCinOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 03:21 PM   #17
LCinOH
BassFishin.Com Member

Default HotMaps Explorer

Quote:
i just got back from bass pro shops and the monkey didnt get me to bad but i did buy a pc/dvd navionics hot maps. it allows you to plot way points and view maps of more than 10000 lakes im still learning how to use it but so far its awsome. just wondering if any one has used this software.
Ranger,
You are going to LOVE that DVD. Does more than you will ever imagine. Swap waypoints between different brands of plotters and hand helds, print maps, pre-fish a lake and trade waypoints with you tournaments buddies.
Larry
Old 03-03-09, 03:21 PM   #18
LCinOH
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:

Ranger Ryan,
Don't forget about the Navionics Trade In Program. How old is your present chart? And what area are you fishing, N, S, E, W or Canada? Some of our areas have a LOT of new survey lakes. Just keep in mind that your old chart is always worth $$ when traded in.

Larry Carr
Navionics Inc
Old 03-03-09, 04:13 PM   #19
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCinOH View Post
Ranger,
You are going to LOVE that DVD. Does more than you will ever imagine. Swap waypoints between different brands of plotters and hand helds, print maps, pre-fish a lake and trade waypoints with you tournaments buddies.
Larry
Larry, why isn't this available to purchase and download directly from the site? ........and, if I got this right..I can save waypoints on my pc using the explorer and then transfer them to my humminbird 997c si with an sd card?...damn technology is crazy
Old 03-03-09, 04:51 PM   #20
LCinOH
BassFishin.Com Member

Jason,
1) Downloading....no can do. It is a DVD and has a lot of MB of info. Plus, for the same reason a lot of DVD info is not allowed to be downloaded, like many of the software products. We can control the data better, plus there is over 40MB of info (it would take forever to download with many servers) and for our valuable retailers to be able to keep the doors open by making a small profit. We do not sell anything direct.

2) You are correct about transfering waypoints, routes and tracks. The other nice thing is that you can save your plotters waypoints in many brands of plotters file format and download them in other brands file formats.

What this allows you to do is share waypoints with your angling friends even if they have a diffeent brand of plotters.

This is the best $20 you can spend because it works for with about any brand of hand held or full size gps plotter...Lowrance, H-Bird, Raymarine, Furuno, Magellan, Garmin, etc. Our partner in this venture, Fugawi, does an unbelievable job in writing code that will make our data work on your PC. Email me who your favorite tackle dealer is and I'll mkae sure they get some in stock if they don't already. lcarr at navionics dot com.

Larry
Old 03-03-09, 09:07 PM   #21
rangerryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCinOH View Post
Ranger Ryan,

Larry Carr
Navionics Inc
lcinoh, ive already looked at a trade in and ive only had my 2008 card for 6 months they told me that they would only give me like 50.00 that is not enough savings so i will probably wait until the 2010 comes out unless you can get me a great deal. haha but thanks. i wish i could get you to come to oklahoma and teach me how to use all of the cool features.
thanks again,
ryan

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.