Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-06, 08:32 PM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default BPS, and the Baitmonkey

Well I stopped by the new BPS in Indiana this am, specifically because it's new, and I never had the chance to see it when I lived here, and oh yeah I needed some more Netbait Baby Paca Craws. Well I went in with the idea to pick up a few packs(like 10 LOL) and some Gammy 4/0 EWG Superline hooks I match up with them. Well I saw the Lunker Sauce ol zooker told me about, so I had to get some Then they had a clearance bin for some Bassmaster cranks, and I saw a jerk style that resembled the one Rodman Rob slayed the bass with on Rodman Then I looked for some more Grassmaster jigs, but they hadn't even heard of them , but of course I got a couple of Tungsten 3/4oz bullet weights. Also had to get a bag of 10" Powerworms in black, just in case I do a little night fishing Now they had almost no selection of the Paca's, so I only got 1 bag of watermelon candy on the Baby Paca's, and 1 bag of the Regular Paca Craws in Greenpumpkin. I asked the guys behind the counter if they by chance had more stock not brought out, and they looked kinda emptied eyed and said no I said these are killer baits I can't believe you don't stock more, they said we sell a lot of them, and of course my response was then why the HE!! don't you stock more Then I decided to leave, because the monkey was taking me over to the spinnerbaits, and crankbaits, which I know I already have way to many of I left $85 lighter in the wallet, and really didn't even get what I went in for rotfl. Glad there isn't a BPS really close to me

Lizards
Old 04-18-06, 08:36 PM   #2
Rebbasser

Ah, BPS and the baitmonkey. Bad, BAD combination! Ain't it great ?
Old 04-18-06, 08:42 PM   #3
lizardsrule

Oh and forgot about the Manns Stone jigs also LOL

zooker,

I was actually looking for a craw formula on the Lunker Sauce, but they didn't have it? They had garlic, and 2 different kinds of Shad, do they make it in a craw formula, and this one just didn't carry it? I went with the garlic, good for everything LOL.

Yeah Reb it's just plain old GREAT!

Lizards
Old 04-19-06, 06:49 AM   #4
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
Oh and forgot about the Manns Stone jigs also LOL

zooker,

I was actually looking for a craw formula on the Lunker Sauce, but they didn't have it? They had garlic, and 2 different kinds of Shad, do they make it in a craw formula, and this one just didn't carry it? I went with the garlic, good for everything LOL.

Yeah Reb it's just plain old GREAT!

Lizards
Before zook answers this I gotta ask.....How does the lunker sauce compare to Jack's Juice?????
Old 04-19-06, 08:23 AM   #5
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

are you referring to Carolina Lunker Sauce, that's what Bassintxlady and I use. The crawfish formula looks just like snot, believe me its nasty. When you squeeze the tube, it comes out in a glob just like on the end of your finger, ....its too tempting for me to eat, so we use the threadfin shad instead. It's a little more pleasant to look at and apply. Excuse me, I think I'm going to hurl now....BBL But seriously folks....I highly recommend Carolina Lunker Sauce, it's a very good attractant. We carry it on us in our butt bags, and we have it in the boat as well. Like they say on TV, don't leave home without it.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 11:29 AM   #6
Rodman_Rob

i'm gonna have to place an order to BPS here soon, going to East Lake Toho later this month.
Old 04-19-06, 01:15 PM   #7
lizardsrule

Bet,

Yes I'm talking about the Carolina Lunker sauce, with the sponge tip applicator.

Laser,

I have never used the Jack's Sauce, so perhaps zooker could help you out with that one.

Lizards
Old 04-19-06, 01:35 PM   #8
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER
Before zook answers this I gotta ask.....How does the lunker sauce compare to Jack's Juice?????
they both taste REALLY good over some pasta
Old 04-19-06, 07:09 PM   #9
zooker

jackjuice is very sticky it gets EVERYwhere and makes EVERY THING stinky.. not to mention it would draw a buzzard off a 3 day old road kill.. like the lunker sauce it is much more applyable you get it excatly where you want it not were you don't. like reel handles..

zooker
Old 04-20-06, 02:43 AM   #10
fishin_dude
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I make at least 4 trips to BPS a week, someone help me!!!!!!

And the really bad part is they are about to build the 2nd largest BPS in America in downtown Memphis on the river. We are going to be able to test drive boats, have a indoor rifle and archery range, a marina, a hotel, restaurant, museum, a giant aquarium and many many other things. The one we have is enough, now we will have 2! One in east Memphis and one downtown. My wallet will suffer greatly!
Old 04-20-06, 06:34 PM   #11
flfireman

Lizard, you have one closer than you think in O town. I go there pretty regularly. Will check on the paca craws, Im out. Used the rest up yesterday at ansin-garcia. Nothing great a few around 2-3 pounds. Really starting to like those things. Also caught a few on a 10" grape Charlie Worm.
Old 04-21-06, 07:23 PM   #12
Rebbasser

Fishin dude, you are in DEEP trouble .
Old 04-24-06, 08:54 PM   #13
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

wow....to have BPS that close....sheesh....life couldn't get anybetter to me....dang i have to drive almost 40 minutes to get to the nearest one to me.....and believe me when i go i make the best of it...hehehehehe.....am planning a trip over there in fact sometime before this next weekend...gotta have a new rod and reel....have my eye on that chronarch B100.....it's sooooooooo sweet.....lol.....and of course as i walk in the door the monkey jumps right up on my shoulder too.....so....i say what the heck....you can never have enough baits i say.....what else do i work for...??....
Old 04-26-06, 04:29 PM   #14
flbassman

Well, I live in Jacksonville, in NOrtheast florida, and although we have a over 2 million residents in a 50 mile range, we're too lame for a BPS. If you look at the map, there is a large empty spot right over good ole J'ville.
Old 04-26-06, 04:31 PM   #15
flbassman

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...D=MH_IN_EVENTS Check it out. Those nearby dots are savannah and orlando.
Old 04-26-06, 04:36 PM   #16
Wishing2BFishing

Fishin Dude, you have two options: 1) kill the bait monkey (this will never happen) or 2) quit your job and get a new job much farther from BPS.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 07:39 AM   #17
Hef

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

Fishin Dude _ I feel your pain. There is a BPS within 5 mins of my house. I'm going to need to file Chapter 11 before next year if I can't shake this monkey.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.