Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-06, 08:06 AM   #1
Zach_BassFisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Carp?

Ok, the pond i fish for bass at all the time has the biggest carp in than enywhere else, i aint jokin, record size carp, BIG, and i cant seem to catch them. Any suggestions on how to catch them, the only thing i have tried is worms. But you can see these carp and there are billions of them, BIG CARP!!
Old 06-20-06, 09:10 AM   #2
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The best bait is dough ball. (crumb + corn flour + flour + beer ). The easy bait is can corn.

Use 1-2 OZ sinker. Still fishing style. ( cast and wait ). Get ready to fight. the carps as the size you mentioned will be great fighters.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-06, 02:11 PM   #3
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

After studying the feeding habits of these wonderful beautiful fish, we’ve found that they do not like helicopter baits, flying lures, jet airplanes or Ban Jo minnows. If you will go back and read some of mine and Polly’s post you will see that we have spent some time chasing this wonderful, elusive majestic creature. We live on a farm where rabbit are prolific, and rabbit poop is abundant. We get the turds or pellets as some will refer to them while they are still steaming and fresh from the ole poop chute. We put three of these little gems on the hook while they are cooling, by the time you get the second pole loaded the first pole will be cooled down enough that the poop will be adhered to the hook and be ready for that cast. And all you have to do is dig in and enjoy the fight. I must tell you in advance that you may never return to bass fishing after you get your fingers dirty with this little pill that has revolutizined carp fishing. Now talk about an informersical. Polly paints these little babies and wears them as jewelry, nose rings, ear rings, bellybutton, but refuses to wear them in her tongue. They are very versatile. It keeps Polly out of the Jewelry store and that is a huge savings. C Man
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-06, 04:37 PM   #4
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Has she tried them over her eyebrows ?
Knew one gal who had em' in her nipples.
Old 06-20-06, 04:57 PM   #5
CarpMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassnman30
Has she tried them over her eyebrows ?
Knew one gal who had em' in her nipples.
She has two little plastic racoons hanging on her niples. And she only takes em off fur me, bless her heart.
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-06, 10:33 PM   #6
bassinbob

Zach, I heard fishing artificial flies will catch them. This past weekend they were all over the lake i fish. They seemed to have turned off the bass bite. I used to use a bow on them years ago. There were so many you could drift right over them and scoop them up with a net. The lake i fish is Pymatuning. It is famous for its' spillway which attracts thousands of visitors per year. They buy bread to feed to the carp and watch the ducks run across their backs to get some of the bread. Even though carp man and polly love thgese fish I wish they were not in the lakes I fish. But I live with it.

Bob
Old 06-21-06, 12:48 AM   #7
I_Bass_Fish
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to I_Bass_Fish

Try 2 or 3 pieces of corn slid onto a small hook, and tie a small weight to your line to get it on the bottom.
I_Bass_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-06, 09:01 AM   #8
flbassman

Try an easton broadhead. They bite it (actually it bites them) almost every time. If this isn't practical, bread.
Old 06-21-06, 01:53 PM   #9
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

we used to slide 3 kernels of corn up over the hook,so the hook is exposed and the kernels are actually on the line above the hook.
the reason being..carp do not bite on the bait.they take it in and suck on it and roll it around in their mouths for awhile.having the exposed hook ensure you catch the beast.this tactic used to work when i carp fished many years ago.don't see why it won't still work.
Old 06-22-06, 04:42 PM   #10
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

Glue Dog Food On The Hook Works Well. Easy To Chum Dog Food Too.
Old 06-26-06, 02:08 PM   #11
omahabasser
BassFishin.Com Member

If one were to opt for using corn slid above the hook, which size hook would you use? I'm thinking 2/0?
omahabasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 05:18 PM   #12
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

i used to use small hooks like #4 or #6.
Old 06-28-06, 04:32 PM   #13
omahabasser
BassFishin.Com Member

This may be a silly question How do you keep the blue gills and such from eating the corn? I thought with a larger hook they couldn't get their greedy little mouths around it. Is a carps mouth really that small?
omahabasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 07:41 PM   #14
flbassman

When I fished for carp, and although I probably shouldn't say this here, I was good. Real good. I was a member of a carp forum. I read carp magazines. I was addicted. So anyway, I found the best way to catch them was to chum an area real well with floating bread, rig up a pole with a 2/0 hook and a piece of floating bread, and chill. When they show up, cast and wait. What british guys do is use a thing called a boilie. Hard little marble sized bait. Fished on something called a hair rig. Google it if you're that interested, or hit carp.com.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.