Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When did you catch you biggest bass?
6am ish or earlier - 8am ish 2 6.06%
9am ish - 10am ish 6 18.18%
11am ish - 1pm ish 5 15.15%
2pm ish - 4pm ish 7 21.21%
5pm ish - 7pm ish 7 21.21%
8pm ish - night. 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-10, 09:15 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Interesting.... Doug Honnon Stuff.

This kinda contradicts what we've always been told about bass fishing, in the summer.

Watch these:
(this on first) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdWzC...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8S_p...eature=related

So now that you've watched these.. here's my plane.

Tomorrow, since my dad is not 'spose to be working. We're gonna go to gander, get some big, 7" dingers, maybe bigger, and some big soft jerkbaits.. Than go to wally world, or if at gander if they have it, and get a NON MERCURY thermometer. Once I get to the place I'm going (pulled SEVERAL fish out of there pushin 10lbs), to take the thermometer, and drop in around the middle of the bridge, on the sides, and in the weed mats. Once I find that 82.5 degree water temps, we'll start focusing on fishing there. With live bait and what we got at Gander around midday. Through out the day we'll check the temps, and start fishing there.

We'll see how Doug's trick works. Will report back here in tomorrow.

Don't forget the Poll.

Last edited by Bassboss; 06-07-10 at 09:28 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 09:45 PM   #2
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Interesting ..but is mid-day worth the drain bamage from the sun.

Capt Mike
Old 06-08-10, 12:26 AM   #3
Justin2729
BassFishin.Com Active Member

idk but whats happened to me doesn't much go with what he says. But i prolly dont know what im talking about lol.
Justin2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 02:10 PM   #4
zooker

the nutty bass professor?? lol...that moron...PLEASE...

we all know he can pile it higher and deeper. plus he has a syk phd. which means he can make ya belive it when he piles it higher and deeper...

the only thing he EVER come out with that was worth anything was the wave reel..i know i have one...

zooker
Old 06-08-10, 02:14 PM   #5
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

All I know is that the holes of water I fish, don't look nuttin like the holes of water he fishes.....
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 02:14 PM   #6
WTL

I said 2-4 cause it was closest to 4, it might have been 4:30 but it was hot as hell.

I think even if we were to say that your chances are better at 9 am or 4 pm, it could be not because bass are feeding more actively, but rather it might take a fisherman, first on the water at 5 am, a few hours to acclimate to the patterns. I know that sometimes the first couple places I hit I strike out at, I switch lures, I adapt and then find a pattern. By that time it might be 9 am or 4 pm if I started around 1 with the intention of fishing till dusk.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 03:02 PM   #7
Bassboss

Well guys, my dad got called into work today, so I didn't get to try out what he said, or get any of the stuff I mentioned. We'll try tomorrow.

As for me, I'm not gonna call it false until I've tested it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post

we all know he can pile it higher and deeper. plus he has a syk phd. which means he can make ya belive it when he piles it higher and deeper...

the only thing he EVER come out with that was worth anything was the wave reel..i know i have one...

zooker
Them snakes have got me a few good fish, nothing huge, but not really small. 3, 4lbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I said 2-4 cause it was closest to 4, it might have been 4:30 but it was hot as hell.

I think even if we were to say that your chances are better at 9 am or 4 pm, it could be not because bass are feeding more actively, but rather it might take a fisherman, first on the water at 5 am, a few hours to acclimate to the patterns. I know that sometimes the first couple places I hit I strike out at, I switch lures, I adapt and then find a pattern. By that time it might be 9 am or 4 pm if I started around 1 with the intention of fishing till dusk.
I was also thinking about that. Maybe it's because that's when a lot of people are on the water. And the majority of hours in the day are between then (assuming you got on the water a 7, and left a 6).
Old 06-10-10, 12:39 PM   #8
geezer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post

zooker
Wow. So I take it that you disagree with everything he said. Right?
geezer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 12:57 PM   #9
geezer1

BB...Thanks for sharing the videos. I agree with you, it is interesting. I doubt that I'll totally change up the way that I "hawg hunt", but I may fish just a little harder during the heat of the day than I have in the past. Very interesting, indeed.
geezer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 03:30 PM   #10
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

So far in the few months I have had the snakes, I caught one decent size bass off it. I have heard the wave reel works well but I cannot justify spending that kind of money on one at this time.
Otherwise Doug is just full of himself.

For my area, theres usually specific areas that work well, along shore and shallow areas at dawn, dusk, cloudy or rainy days... then deeper water (6-15 ft) along channels during the heat of the day. Top water only seems to work well here during the mostly cloudy days.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.