Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-09, 02:22 PM   #1
syd
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Fliiping & pitching help

If you were going to buy a baitcasting reel mainly for tube, worm fishing were you would be doing lots of flipping and pitching what would you get. Are the twitching bars just a gimmick? I am determined to learn to flip and pitch after fishing with a friend who can drop plastics anywhere he wants them. But i want to start off with the right equipment. Plus do i need to use more weight when doing this.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 02:43 PM   #2
ky southern

i would get a good smooth reel,i use extremes from bass pro but just get a good reel.the extremes can be bought with a flippin switch but i just use a regular reel,i like the thumb way,it just goes natural to where my thumb is on the spool anyways.

start with a heavy weight will be easier,i had a tough time gettin it down myself,i watched videos,youtube,basspro website,but what got me going was i kinda started learning this little pitch that i throw sidearm,and just pitch it bout 10 feet,then start pitching to a bucket.then to my amazement the flippin kinda come to me and i didnt really even notice it.

practice,practice,practice,get kevin van dams flippin and pitchin video,thats where i learned the little sidearm pitch,and practice some more.
Old 02-01-09, 02:58 PM   #3
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Syd Ihad one of the Daiwas with a twitching bar, good reel but the twitching bar (I think) is basically useless, yes I think it's a gimmick. Just my .02 worth.
Old 02-01-09, 04:56 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i agree with backlash.. the twitchin bar is a load of crap.. i use a team diawa advantage for most of my flippen and pitchin.. the rest is done with a pfluger..

zooker
Old 02-01-09, 04:57 PM   #5
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

When i went to the Classic last year the twithcin bar was being released and they had a clear container so you could try it.... it sucked... it moved the bait like two inches and it wasnt very comfortable to use. just use the spool. thats my .02.
aikenyounggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 10:51 PM   #6
ho_shi
BassFishin.Com Member

i use a castaways mh 7 ft rod and a left handed pinnacle solene.

Leftys work the best for pitch n and flippin as you dont have to switch hands to start reeling. While practiin P&F work on your thumbing skills to better your casting skills.

set the reel pretty loose and get ready for backlashes untill you properly learn how to thumb. It gets easier with practice
ho_shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 11:28 PM   #7
BassBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

http://tackletour.com/reviewquantaccurist2.html

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.