Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-10, 09:26 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Potential honey hole!

OK, so my was going back off to work, and I asked if he could drop me off and somewhere to fish.

So, he dropped me off at this new place I had never been. First thing I notice, is that there are lots of reeds surrounding the perimeter of the lake, with a slight bit of mossy, mucky stuff just out side of it. When I walk to the bank, a bunch of nice sized frog start jumping in the water. I pretty much discard the though for now other than, "Hey look frogs!" I've got a senko on my rod right now, so I start throwing that first thing. I git a hit near the reed line, set up and miss it.

Since the area that I was very small, only about 20 foot wide. I start looking for places to fish and areas I can weasel my way around the trees with out getting in to water - which odiously have gators (didn't yet see any, put their are little tell tale signs). Eventually, I end up getting my feet wet a little bit walking around a fence. I see a hew trails around and.

So long story short, I end up finding a few more places to fish around the trees along the trail. One thing I consistently saw was frogs. And my last and second fish was caught on a popper resembling a frog pretty good! They all where also FAT!! Probably full of frogs.

So, my plan is to get a few hollow body frogs, namingly the tru-tungsten frog in swamp monster. Because it resembles what I was seeing so well.

So, the purpose of this thread is pretty much asking what you guys like to throw where there lots of frog present, and that resemble frogs pretty well, other than the obvious holla frogs, maybe a jitter bug or something?
Old 07-12-10, 09:38 PM   #2
WTL

Normally when I am fishing water with lots of frogs, I throw a frog.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 09:58 PM   #3
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Very early morning throw a jitterbug if possible. If not possible then yes, use a frog.
Old 07-12-10, 10:13 PM   #4
Cavs1123
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I would throw something like the popper you said. Just beacuse you have a better hookup.
Old 07-12-10, 10:17 PM   #5
keithdog

Love my Jiterbug early early morning. But once the sun starts taking over I switch to the hollow frogs or a weedless spoon like the Jaw Breaker spoons.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.