Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-10, 12:11 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default One final outing; 2010 wrap up, and cabin feaver!

Well folks, it looks like my fishing season is coming to an end. With a high of 23, and a good bit of ice on the water, I think it's time to call it quits. I did how ever get to get one small trip in before it was to late. It was on a river, and even though I did catch nothing, I got to use some of my new equipment and love it all so far, and had fun! I'll have to wait 'till spring to see how well it handles with a smallie at the end of my line.

So my 2010 wrap up.. not to bad all things considered.

123 LMB, 2 over 5, one over 10. at lest I got one over 10 in my final year in Florida!

3 small, smallies, none over 10 inches. My first on a t-rig worm, second on a drop shot, and 3rd on a jerkbait.

Honestly I don't know how I'll last the winter either, living in fl with 365 days of soft water has spoiled the heck outa me! all ready going through all the bassin, BASS, and FLW magazines.

Haven't shot any deer yet, this gun season, but will turkey hunt this spring for sure!

So how'd y'all do?

Last edited by Bassboss; 11-23-10 at 02:17 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-10, 06:33 PM   #2
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Boss not a bad wrap up for the year , I did not get out that much this summer and it looks like the ice will be forming soon around here as well .

Jim
Old 11-23-10, 06:41 PM   #3
bamabassman

you had a fantastic year buddy. now don't start going snow blind just yet ok? lol. keep reading and stay with us here during the cold and you'll be just fine pal. do what i hope to do, practice your flipping and pitching this winter. come spring you'll be ready.
Old 11-23-10, 07:01 PM   #4
bassinbob

A 10 pounder is always a good year. Went out yesterday after work. Not a hit. Decent year for me. One nice one around 6 or 7 lbs. Didn't get out in the boat much.
Old 11-23-10, 08:25 PM   #5
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Wow, I didn't keep count. I had several trips where I caught about 10 bass in the 2 to 3 lb range. I had one great day where the bass were chasing bait and I caught 30 plus in 3 hours. The biggest this year was 22 inchs weighed 6.5 lbs. I won $700.00 from bountyfishing.com in several online tournaments. It was a great year, but I still might sneak in one or two more days before the hard cold sets in for good. Other than that, I will be swamped in the reel shop before long, reels are coming in steady now, and I will still need to go through all of my personal reels before I store them for the winter.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 04:30 PM   #6
walkeraviator

Not a good year for me. Maybe 20 keeper size Bass and another 20 keeper crappie. Then had 3 nice speckled trout my first time ever fishing salt water. Hopefully spring trip to KY Lake treats me better next year than this year...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-10, 11:17 AM   #7
HarveysMinnow
BassFishin.Com Active Member

This was the first season in recent years when I have really fished avidly. I didn't do that great (no bass over 4lb) and lots of smaller ones. My problem is, all the ponds and lakes I have regular access to just don't produce - not for me and not for others who fish there. (Maybe I need to restock some of these ponds myself lol).

It was a hot, dry summer in this area and I think the resulting low water levels hurt the fishing in some cases. I went out for a while this past Tues and had not a nibble. So, there's always next year, and I'm hanging it up til spring (unless we get a warm spell in January).
Old 11-25-10, 12:02 PM   #8
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I didn't get to burn the water up much this year. I might have made 8 trips in total. I did have 3 fish over 5 though and some good blow ups and memories. I pretty much just live vicariously through the board and reading about other people's catches. But with 3 little ones, we did a little catfishing and breaming. Maybe I will get a little more bassing time next year.
Old 11-26-10, 11:08 AM   #9
keithdog

This has been quite the year for you with the move and all. Kinda rocky for you at times as you noted in earlier posts, so it's good to read you were able to get out one more time and test the new gear. It's always good to have spring to look foreward to. Keeps us northern boys hungry for open water. This year I was blessed with many amazing days on the water, and the best year of fishing in my life. I caught and released a beautiful 8 pounder. Caught 5 more that were over 5 pounds. And landed close to 300 smaller than 5 pounds, most of those running around the 2-3 pound range. Caught my share of dinks too, haha. The next several months waitting for ice out I'll be reorganizing my tackle, getting the gear ready, making plans for 2011 and making a few spinnerbaits.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-10, 03:25 PM   #10
WTL

BB, you gonna try to learn to icefish?

Been a good year for me when I could go. Caught a 5 ish on the fish river, a couple 5s and a 7 or 8 in florida, a 6 last week, a 5 pound alabama spot in september, caught trout, smallmouth, and various surprises like crappie and catfish randomly. Good numbers. Few skunks. Great locations. Put my dad on a 5 at pickwick. About the only disappointment was in the saltwater, but it was just a weird year in the gulf or bay for obvious reasons.
Old 11-28-10, 03:28 PM   #11
ted4800
BassFishin.Com Member

Can't complain about 2010 Caught and cleaned about 400 Nice Crappie and personal best LMB 7.5 lbs. Lots of trips even though tough at times with the water low and high Temps. All in All a very good year No Regrets.

Looking forward to 2011 after the Winter in Central Indiana Spring can't come soon enough,

Have a Great Winter guys with Bass jumping at the end of your line in every dream.
ted4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-10, 12:20 PM   #12
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
BB, you gonna try to learn to icefish?

Been a good year for me when I could go. Caught a 5 ish on the fish river, a couple 5s and a 7 or 8 in florida, a 6 last week, a 5 pound alabama spot in september, caught trout, smallmouth, and various surprises like crappie and catfish randomly. Good numbers. Few skunks. Great locations. Put my dad on a 5 at pickwick. About the only disappointment was in the saltwater, but it was just a weird year in the gulf or bay for obvious reasons.
Sure am! I've already got a few folks wanting to take me out on the ice when it's thick enough.
Old 12-03-10, 10:53 PM   #13
3dkicker

For me this year wasn't as good as last but I did slay the snakeheads in May. Also found a couple areas that held quality and quantity on the river for a month or so. I hope it holds next year but you never know.
I'm fortunate that I live by water that doesn't freeze over and can get out 10 or so months out of the year with decent weather. The other two kinda suck but that's show season and the monkey keeps me busy!!
Old 12-04-10, 09:07 AM   #14
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Wow Boss! I didn't even know you'd moved!
Very frustrating year for me. Started out great, doing my usual 3 day weekends of fishing.
Then the out of town job started in early July. From that point on, I was able to fish 2 times only ;(

Luckily though, I did get a new PB and found 2 new spots that I'm in love with.
Otter lake is a no motor lake and the Betsie river area I started fishing is easiest with a yak. So I started Yak fishing for the first time ever.

Rough year for sure, but gained some knowledge, and I know exactly where I'm heading come opening day.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.