Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-06, 04:10 PM   #1
Mattern Guide Servic
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Mattern Guide Service on Lake Palestine

Fishing ReportEmail This Report to a Fishing BuddyDate of Report: 2006/06/24Texas Fishing ReportFishing Area: Lake Palestine Mattern Guide ServiceHello Everybody,

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

Well the bite has been Average lately with about 15 Bass per day. Bass came to the boat this week up to about 6lbs. with a few in the 4 lb. range.

Bass have been in the creek channel bends in about 5-10 foot for me and around brushpiles around boathouses.

Topwaters early have been getting bit with poppers and tiny torpedoes with chrome blue back being a great color lately.

Frogs in black seem to have caught smaller fish this week than usual but I truly feel tournament pressure has dimmed the bite but most tournaments are over for Lake Palestine and the Bass will get into regular feeding modes and ambush spots they normally are in.

Weighted hooks with craw worms in chartruse pepper have been working as well as wacky worms on same hook. Colors that have worked best are bubblegum type colors and cotton candy.

Texas rigged baby brush hogs or Nichols creature bats in Watermelon red have been excellent also and around boathouses.

With hot temps in the 90's or higher shad will come to the top and schools of Bass along with them. Keep a topwater or rattle trap tied on just for the Bass that are schooling and get to them while they are on top and you can get a couple of them before they go down. Once they go down a crankbait according to the depth of water they are in will get some of those Large Bass laying down under the schoolies. That is alot of Fun.

I have Been really busy this week and clients have been catching some good Bass if you would like to book a Guide Trip just call me at 903-478-2633 or 903-724-1203. Thanks and May God Bless You. Don Mattern Sr. with Mattern Guide service.Report DetailsFish Type: Largemouth Bass

Water Temperature: 77 to 85 deg F
Water Clarity: 1 foot
Water Depth: 5 to 10 ft

Bait and Tackle: SameCharter and Angler InformationReport Submitted By: Capt. Don Mattern Sr.
Email Address: donmat@earthlink.net
Boat Name: Ranger
Marina or Inlet Name: The Villages Marina
Charter Biz Phone: 903-478-2633Submitted by:
Pro Fishing Charter or Guide - Mattern Guide Service
Mattern Guide Servic is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.