Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-06, 11:32 AM   #1
TennesseeBassGuides
BassFishin.Com Member

Default More Old Hickory

Old Hickory 6-27-2006
I fished Old Hickory today with Mr. Steve Witham and his son in law Stephan. This is the 4th trip that Steve and I have had together and it was a good one. A couple of the trips that we have had together was a challenge due to weather. The first trip we had 40 mph winds the second trip we has sleet and 25 mph winds so today was a pleasant change of pace even if it did get a little hot toward the end of the trip. Both of these gentlemen are good good fishermen and great to be out with, we had a focused but fun day. One thing about Old Hickory that I learned long ago is that the fish just don't move around much or stray far from home base. It may take a little time to figure out exactly where they are but it's been my experience that Old Hickory Largemouth and I have one thing in common-We just aren't going to get to far from home. The tactics might change to catch them but they are there close somewhere.....Tactic change was the key for us today and it came in the form of a Prowler 7 inch Screw Tail Worm. www.prowlerlures.com We caught fish on these today Texas Rigged and on the finesse jig that we make. Like Shays post below the fish were close to cover, but we found ours on the secondary breaks very near the shallow water areas where I had been catching them before. We must have caught and released 30 or more and wound up with some real good fish. Guy's I had a great time and I look forward to trip # 5...............Rick McFerrin www.tennesseebassguides.com
Old Hickory 6-25-2006
I have a tournament coming up on Old Hickory so I pre-fished the lake with Randy Baston of Brentwood Tn. and had great success all through the day on Secret Weapon Spinner Baits, Buzz Baits www.secretweaponlures.com crank baits and a spot sticker jig. The fish were so close to cover that you had to hit the cover or be extremely close to it. Timber seemed to be the best over all structure. Water temperature was around 82-83 degrees with a light breeze. Our best five fish weighed 15 pounds and the big fish came on the last cast of the day and when we left the lake at 2:30pm they were still biting. I had a great time with Randy and I look forward to the next 2 trips that we have scheduled. It just goes to show that if you keep hard at it and keep your confidence up it will pay off in big ways. All fish were released unharmed. Till next time Lip'm and Let'm Loose! Shay Doming www.tennesseebassguides.com
Shay good luck on your tournament..You can see agreat selection of Secret Weapon Spinner Bait at Murfreesboro Out Doors 2204 NW Broad in Murfreesboro......Rick
TennesseeBassGuides is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.