Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-09, 09:17 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Boat load of bass!!

ok, first of all i am gonna say that this hasn't happened to me in a very long time. i mean a REALLY long time. hahahaha.
it has been raining here very hard, lighting, thunderstorms and loads of wind. i wa planning on going this morning but it was still pouring down and lighting. but it tapered off after noon. so i said what the heck, i'll try it now. not really excited cause i figured it would have shut down the fish by now.
BOY was i WRONG! i launched out of my usual place, b b comer. i trolled over to where the lily pads start coming up. i have 6 rods rigged up.
1 with the trusty ol zoom lizard, punkin seed/chartruse tail
1 with the white spinner bait/white blood trail skirt
1 pig n jig with a craw trailer
1 with a white buzzbait
1 with a white rooster tail 1/4 oz
1 with the rattle trap

ow what did i catch over 20 bass with? ready?
ok, first bass was caught on the zoom lizard. nice fish too 2 pounder. i am smiling now real big. it was the 3rd cast of the evening. lol.
second fish came on.........get this. a SPRO FROG! yep, i wasn't getting any hits for over 2 hours on nothing else. light drizzle and the buzz nor the spinner did got a hit. so i changed outta boredom i guess,lmao. a VERY nice 3# bass.
then i noticed they were running the shad like crazy. so's i went over there and threw the spinner again, wham! a nice one but just under the inch mark. threw again, wham, wham. 2 more barely made it to survival. undersized again. then i thought..these have got to be dinks here. so i tested my theory. threw the roostertail. bam, bam, bam. every cast was a dink. caught so many and was laughing so much i got carried away. i was having so much fun catching them little dinks i forgot the bigguns back in the grass. had to be over 15 dinks in all.
so i refocused and threw the spro again. nuthin. thew again in another spot. nuthin again. threw it and threw it till i got tired of it. now this when you lose your focus and miss one,lol. yes i missed one, refocus boy! throw it agin 20 feet to the right......... i watch the fish swim OVER TO IT! WHAM! LAND A 3 1/2#. started to rain real hard now and i was tired and wanted to tell ya'll about it.

i really didn't think the spro would do good. but i haven't used it since i bought it this past winter. glad i did. love the dang thang too. the way i used it was cast it out. let the waves get away form it, pausing ya know. twitch it a little, and if there is a fish there he eats then. if not there, reel it in and throw again. if i reeled it in twitching it like you're supposed to, nothing would happen. hope this helps anyone out there. maybe it was a fluke i did so well today. maybe not. i like to think that i thought outside the bos on this one. the conditions weren't right for the frog i don't think. but it worked for me today. gonna go again in the morning. and yes lisa is going this time. told her about it and she wants to go now. hahahahahaha. and yes she will have a frog tied on too, lmao.

thaks gang. i have learned all this form this site and YOU folks here. special thnks to kevin. if not for this site. i STILL would be outside looking in.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.