Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-10, 10:53 PM   #26
Chancho
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks, Bama. I'll try. The more notice I can give, the better. I appreciate the heads up.
Chancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-10, 02:54 AM   #27
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancho View Post
Kory-- can you all use a Virginian? If there's enough notice, I might be able to mosey out there. The boat will have to stay here, though. Think there might be a co-pilot seat open? Maybe we can work out a new link for your website?;
Heck ya we can always use a Virginian. I am sure we can work something out for a ride too lol.
Old 01-03-11, 07:38 PM   #28
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
I was looking at a calender. March 4-6 or 11-13; April 29- May 1 or May 6-8 will be good for me. Just throwing that in there.

April 29-May 1 would probably be good for me as well.I mean really any date after April 15th should be fine.
Any idea on a lodging place near the lake?...Hotel?...Women shelter?
Old 01-03-11, 07:59 PM   #29
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
April 29-May 1 would probably be good for me as well.I mean really any date after April 15th should be fine.
Any idea on a lodging place near the lake?...Hotel?...Women shelter?
There is a truck stop a few miles from the lake, I am sure you can crash there with a few lot lizzards if you want
Old 01-03-11, 08:15 PM   #30
carolina-rig-01

Ok the conversation of this shin dig came up again in the chat lastnight so lets put our heads together and see what we can come up with.

Who all will be interested in attending? I know some of you have already expressed interest in it but this time I think we need to start a list, this isn't a law binding contract to attend but please only throw your hat in the ring if you are serious of making it.

What dates would work best for you, if it matters? I know everyones schedule may not line up but I would like to get some options out there for us to kick around and discuss.

What type of place would we want to stay at? No we are not all crashing at my house lol. Camping is an option that worked out really well at the Kentucky Lake get together. Also there are a few hotels around the lake that are set up for anglers with electric outlets outside the rooms for pluggin in chargers.

Beware that there are some huge tournaments on Grand Lake (and I believe this is the most likely spot for the get together) so we will need to try and avoid these dates as best we can because of boat traffic as well as finding rooms if we stay in a hotel.

One other thing we need to discuss is how many boats we will have. How many members that are coming will have boats and how many members will you be able to take with you? I will be able to take 2 guys (or hot sexy blonde females lol) with me but we will need more rides than that. Jrob brought up a good point of maybe renting a boat. There are tons of marinas on Grand so renting a boat is a good idea, and I think that if you split the cost 2 or 3 ways it wouldn't be too bad for a few days (just guessing though as I haven't priced boat rentals).

Ok lets hear your thoughts and ideas
Old 01-09-11, 01:44 PM   #31
66KingFisher

Kory, I'd love to be a part of this event if it happens....but my health and cashflow will dictate if'n I could make it up there when the time comes....We'll see. I haven't fished on Grand in eons, and then only a couple of times....I remember it being big, deep and windy...lol I wish ya'll was fishin a little further south, like maybe Tenkiller or better yet lake Ouachita...lol. I might be able to talk my fishin buddy into coming and bringin his boat. I'll see what his vacation schedule is like for this next year.
Old 01-09-11, 02:17 PM   #32
Jrob78

I'm pretty much open anytime. I'll have to check with my new mail order Russian bride though, see what works for her. If we can pin down a date I'm planning on being there. I think Waffle and I are riding in the back of Bubba's truck so it will keep our costs down.
Old 01-09-11, 02:55 PM   #33
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I'm pretty much open anytime. I'll have to check with my new mail order Russian bride though, see what works for her. If we can pin down a date I'm planning on being there. I think Waffle and I are riding in the back of Bubba's truck so it will keep our costs down.

Congrats to you and Olga!!!!
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 03:22 PM   #34
bamabassman

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! now ya gotta post the pics of this.
Old 01-09-11, 04:36 PM   #35
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
I was looking at a calender. March 4-6 or 11-13; April 29- May 1 or May 6-8 will be good for me. Just throwing that in there.
My dates still stand. Dr. J and Pancake better start flipping coins to see who needs to go on a diet to see who will ride in this. Don't worry though, I think it tilts back if you get sleepy, but you have to provide your own baba.

Name:  carseat.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  4.9 KB
Old 01-11-11, 06:17 PM   #36
WaffleJaw

Just throwing this out there..(while Im slow at work).Could be cool and cost efficient to rent a big lodge on the lake...They have a lake lodge that sleeps up to 14 people...Extra people are like 20 bucks a day...Plus they offer camp grounds....Nice looking dock too.

http://www.leesresort.com/

Bubba Id ride in that seat,but I dont think that lower middle strap has enough length for me

Last edited by WaffleJaw; 01-11-11 at 07:29 PM.
WaffleJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 07:19 PM   #37
bamabassman

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i have GOT to buy a lottery ticket. you guys are gonn have a blast. if i DO win the lottery. i am IN LIKE FLYNN!
Old 01-12-11, 03:04 AM   #38
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
Just throwing this out there..(while Im slow at work).Could be cool and cost efficient to rent a big lodge on the lake...They have a lake lodge that sleeps up to 14 people...Extra people are like 20 bucks a day...Plus they offer camp grounds....Nice looking dock too.

http://www.leesresort.com/

Bubba Id ride in that seat,but I dont think that lower middle strap has enough length for me
I don't see any reason why Lees Resort wouldn't work. I have never stayed there before but I do know that part of the lake very well and it is on the end of the lake I was hoping we would be staying on. There is a lot of great fishing in that area, actually I spend a ton of tourney days within 5 miles either way of Lees Resort.

What is everyones opinions on getting a cabin here? Do we all want to go in on a big cabin together or divide up into smaller groups and rent out multiple cabins? As Ross Perot says..............I'm all ears
Old 01-12-11, 01:17 PM   #39
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

For me it will depend on when you have it. I hope to be at Grand on the 5th, 6th, and
7th of May. They changed the date of the grand chalenge. If you do this on the weekend before, which would be April 29, 30, and may 1st, then I might be able to do that and just stay the week. I was looking at staying at martin landing or honey creek inn. If it's some other weekend, it would be tough for me to do 2 trips to grand that close together.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 02:33 PM   #40
WaffleJaw

So April 29th - May 1 settled then?
Look likes Pro reel and Bubba Hotep can do it?
Old 01-20-11, 05:34 PM   #41
CamG

Still up in the air for me. If the dates get narrowed down as "for sure" sometime soon, I may be able to make it.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 06:48 PM   #42
pro reel

I think April 28th or 29th - May 1st is settled as the dates. Lodging is still up in the air as is boats etc.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 07:41 AM   #43
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

What's the boat count up to now? I am ready to do some fishing. I need to find a link for a fishing license.
Old 01-29-11, 12:39 PM   #44
carolina-rig-01

The boat count is still the same. I had Britney try and call the lodge yesterday and book our cabin but nobody answered, I will have her try again Monday. You should be able to buy a trip permit for a few days rather than having to buy a full years liscense. If you can't find a link there is a store just down the road from Lees Resort that sells them.
Old 01-31-11, 01:02 PM   #45
66KingFisher

Kory, as of now, I mentioned this event to my fishin buddy, and casually inquired about his interest in attending....maybe driving up for a day if nothing else and/or spend the whole weekend if possible, and he seemed ok with the idea. So at this point you "might" have 2 more guys an we'd bring his boat, only its just a 16ft aluminum so adding a third guy to bass fish out of it gets iffy at best...lol.

Naturally, all this depends on my health at the time this rolls around, and my buddy Ron is an IT guy that occasionally gets called on to fix programming issues if company software crashes, but he should be able to plan some vacation time or like I said if worst come to worst we might be able to just drive up for a day.....We should know more the closer the time comes and we work out all the details.
Old 01-31-11, 06:35 PM   #46
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
Kory, as of now, I mentioned this event to my fishin buddy, and casually inquired about his interest in attending....maybe driving up for a day if nothing else and/or spend the whole weekend if possible, and he seemed ok with the idea. So at this point you "might" have 2 more guys an we'd bring his boat, only its just a 16ft aluminum so adding a third guy to bass fish out of it gets iffy at best...lol.

Naturally, all this depends on my health at the time this rolls around, and my buddy Ron is an IT guy that occasionally gets called on to fix programming issues if company software crashes, but he should be able to plan some vacation time or like I said if worst come to worst we might be able to just drive up for a day.....We should know more the closer the time comes and we work out all the details.
That sounds great Michael, I hope you guys can make it. If it ends up where you guys want to cram someone in the boat to fish with ya then that's fine if not then I understand that too.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.