Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-05, 12:10 PM   #1
HuckFinn
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to HuckFinn
Default Find That Lake

http://earth.google.com/

From this site you can download a free version of a map program. You can find almost any location, from space and zoom down to about a 1000 feet. You can find a lake, and see how many cars are in the parking lot. The maps are not all real time, and some infromation is way outdated. New store near my house is still a gas station on the map.
I did find some lakes that I had heard about, but no one could give me directions to them.
This program works on my computer, but you may want to becareful before using on your system. Perhaps backing up your system.
Young folks check with an adult before downloading this program. I have not had any problems with it, but all systems are different.
Please be careful, I would feel real bad if you lose infromation by using this site. Also, they charge for certain items, so read before using.
HuckFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-05, 12:26 PM   #2
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

its a good program although just the typical yahoo map programs are good enough to find lakes around here, doesn't get 1000 feet close, but with 4wd and a compass I can find just about any of them around here.
Old 11-17-05, 07:48 PM   #3
Fishie

terraserver is good.
Old 11-17-05, 09:41 PM   #4
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

GoogleMaps seems to have more of the true color satellite imagery than terraserver. You can get black and white images for most of the US, also the GoogleMaps has some low definition satellite photos for most of the US - but that high def color imagery is incredible.

It doesn't make much difference to you guys, but the U of A has a site with old aerial photos of many places in the state of alabama - for instance I can see aerial photos of some old (now submerged) locks on the black warrior river from 1947. Now that is some useful information. Maybe some of your state universities have similar resources.
Old 11-21-05, 07:56 PM   #5
KH.

pretty cool, good color like wtl said

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.