Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-06, 02:45 PM   #1
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Finesse Jigs

Have you guys had much luck with the finesse jigs from Strike King? (Bitsy Bugs) What colors do you prefer for muddy water? Thanks

rrw4258
Old 01-08-06, 06:01 PM   #2
fishn'fool
BassFishin.Com Member

I've used bitsy in the past but have switched to Booyaah finesse jigs. Either brand works well though, I've caught fish on both. I use natural colors in clearer water, but for murky water I stay away from finesse tackle because visibility is cut down so much and a small lure makes it harder to find it. But a black or blue would work good in murky water.
fishn'fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 06:24 PM   #3
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

i have some of both, i havent got a chance to use either. this year im gonna focus on tubes, jigs and crankbaits. so i will use them next time i go out.
Old 01-08-06, 07:37 PM   #4
WIbassfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'll only use bitsy bugs in clear water and then I'll go with nautrual colors (green pumpkin, watermelon, etc.). In stained water I go with regular bulky presentations in dark colors (black and blue or black) to give off the sillouette (sp?).
WIbassfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 07:52 PM   #5
crankybait

i think its sillhouette, not sure tho
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 07:53 PM   #6
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I use either a black or blue hair jig for finesse..I think its bear hair that is dyed...anyway they are the jig of choice on the ohio river. Ya usually have to go to a local tackle shop close to the river to get a good selection of hair jigs.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 08:24 PM   #7
va_basser

Send a message via AIM to va_basser Send a message via Yahoo to va_basser

http://www.anglersupply.com/product....Bait%20Companya black/blue paired with a sapphire or black blue Zoom swimming chunk makes for a good combo.This is one of my "go-to" baits when the bite gets tough.
Old 01-08-06, 08:24 PM   #8
Fishie

Walmart has the OKIE hair jigs for about a buck 50 and they are sweet!
Old 01-08-06, 08:34 PM   #9
striker23

Send a message via AIM to striker23

YES, i was fishing in pretty clear water.. alot of natural vegetation on the bottom. i had alot of success with a bitsy bug white colored bleeding jig. it wont get snagged up in the weeds either. give it a try you can get em at walmart. the weight is perfect so you dont need to add any sinkers or anything just attach it directly to a lite rod and cast. if you have any more questions about that jig, please feel free to ask me. that fish on my picture was caught with that jig.
striker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 08:51 PM   #10
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I learned my lesson about hair jigs about 15 years ago on a real hot july day on the ohio river, we were in a tournament out of big bone creek/park in ky. and the bite was OFF.... the only guy with a limit had been fishing a small hair jig with a little red pork trailer, that looked just like a 1/4 x 1 inch piece of red fabric, no shape at all but kind of moved like a flag underwater.
A trick he had learned and once I saw him fishing it on a rock bluff, I put that nugget in the ol memory banks lol.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 09:17 PM   #11
bass kicker

i make my own hair jigs and they are made with deer hair and blue, black, and purple work in stained water but use a bulky are jig with trailer
Old 01-08-06, 10:08 PM   #12
LuvToFish
BassFishin.Com Member

Hello, I am a new member, but I love to fish finnesse-style. We use a new jig called Provokem Bleeding Glow dart. They are incredible! We fished today in 39 degrees & a steady NorthWest breeze from the shore. It took a while to create a pattern, but once we did the Provokem darts had non-stop action every cast. They have a bleeding red hook with an extra long point... very sharp! We ended up cathing a mess of giant yellow Perch, 4 Bass... not real big, but up to 15 inches & a giant 4 1/2 lb Pickerel! Everyhting was caught on the provokem dart in Black/green & Chatruese/white. Best part.. we used 4lb test to catch them all! You gotta try these lures, they are absolutely awesome! You can find them at www.provokem.com. Is there any good spots to fish coldwater in South Jersey or Delaware?
LuvToFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-06, 06:11 PM   #13
bass kicker

those are nice jigs

and welcome to the board
Old 01-09-06, 06:38 PM   #14
pig n jig

Are you guys going to wear ladies clothing while out fishing these little jigs you get out of a gumball machine ?If you have to downsize a jig, wear clown face paint, and fish clown colored hairjigs with mini pork trailers, and when you get home , have your wife or girlfreind spank you for being bad and not fishing a full sized jig when they would have worked as well as your little mini jigs.If you have both your wife and your girlfreind spank you , your enjoying it , seek therapy because your one sick puppy. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.