Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-09, 10:40 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Rod grip, nifty idea.

I was paging through the newest issue of Bass Master magazine and came upon a really neat idea for a rod grip that anyone can do. If your cork handle has seen better days you can simply cover it with a legth of electrical shrink tubing available at electrical supply stores. Fill in any cracks or damaged parts of your cork handle with a silicone sealer first and smooth out. Once that is dry, slip a length of shrink tubing over your cork handle cut to fit. Once the tubing is in place, heat it up with a hot air gun or hair dryer and it will shrink and perfectly cover your old cork handle and give you a nifty rubber covered handle. I have a rod handle wrapped with the rubber wrap sold at BPS and I must admit, I do like the grip I get with it. But it is a bit of a pain to put on. This shrink tubing idea should be easier and nicer to use I would think. Plus, the tubing comes in different colors allowing you to do all your rods if you want to color code them, such as black for jig rods, blue for crankbait rods, red for spinnerbait rods, and so on. This tip was submitted to Bass Master Magazine by a gentleman out of California named Bill Russell. Thanks for the tip Bill.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.