Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-07, 12:18 AM   #1
DblDgt615
BassFishin.Com Member

Default The Psychological side of Bass Fishing....

Hello, i used to come on these forums awhile back but i got out of fishing for certain reasons, but im back into it and i have been thinking about something. Whenever I get frustated while fishing i never seem to catch anything, i mean i know the fish are there. Maybe its just the fact that i get panicky and dont fish as thoroughly as possible, but i read an article in my bassmaster magazine with rick clunn talking about how if you give off negative "energy" the fish can sense it and wont bite, it sounded odd to me at first but, i got to thinking the other day i went fishing with my cousin, he was urging to catch bass and getting frustated, but i was just out to have a good time. I outfished him 14 to 3, along with getting the biggest bass of the day ( 4 pounder). this happened with us one other time before about 4 months ago as well. Maybe we dont need all ths fancy fishing gear. maybe all we need is a knowlede and a good attitude. Tell me what you think.
- Trev
DblDgt615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 12:23 AM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Welcome back!

Yes, knowlege and attitude are important as is confidence, but we definitely need all the fancy gear.
Old 06-01-07, 12:26 AM   #3
DblDgt615
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah i agree with yeah on the fancy gear, you can only fish with a kmart rod for so long
DblDgt615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 07:14 AM   #4
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblDgt615 View Post
yeah i agree with yeah on the fancy gear, you can only fish with a kmart rod for so long

ATTENTION, K-Mart Shoppers! (or, in San Antonio...) ATTENCION! K-Mart Choppers!

Are there still K-Marts

I've heard rumors that some members of this forum were adopted via the old K-Mart "Blue Light Special" Adoption Plan. Many, however, were returned under warranty.
Well, it COULD have happened!

As for me, Dad (RIP) always told me I was found in an empty 105mm artillery shell casing outside the Fort Sill Officers' Club with a note attached that said "Take him if you dare!"
He always wondered why I had "666" tatooed on my bewtox.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 07:54 AM   #5
Mac1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

One of the pros offered this advice......convince yourself there is a bass nearby on every cast.....you will definitely work the lure with an extra ounce of care....

Sometimes I think in finesse fishing, it isn't what you do, but rather what you don't do.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 03:37 PM   #6
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Yep, I always imagine a bass is looking at my lure. It also helps when you have a lure that you've caught fish with on different waters and situations. Confidence!
Old 06-01-07, 04:33 PM   #7
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

definatly the mentality side of bass fishin is important...

don't just "think " there will be a bass there "belive" there will be..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.