Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-12, 04:27 PM   #1
hunter34
BassFishin.Com Member

Default hunter34

I need help I bought a pflueger bait caster I think its either a traid or a
patriarch has 10 bearings my problem is there is no nut to remove
the crank and I want diasemble it for cleaning can any one tell me how the crank is removed
thanks
hunter34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-12, 06:10 PM   #2
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

From looking at the Pflueger reels and you saying it doesn't have a nut to remove the handle it is a Patriarch the Trion (closest thing I found to a traid) has a cover over the nut with a small phillips head screw to remove that cover and expose the nut.

For the Patriarch and from what I've read you need to tighten the drag all the way down (pushing it forward e.g. rotating it clock wise)

Once tightened push the star drag towards the body of the reel and you will/should hear a click, when you hear the click continue to hold the pressure of the star drag down and rotate the handle counterclockwise.

Once you've remove the handle I would slowly release the pressure of the star drag as there is probably and spring in there and things will go flying across the room.

Hope that helps...and WELCOME to the site!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-12, 08:02 PM   #3
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCbassman View Post
For the Patriarch and from what I've read you need to tighten the drag all the way down (pushing it forward e.g. rotating it clock wise)

Once tightened push the star drag towards the body of the reel and you will/should hear a click, when you hear the click continue to hold the pressure of the star drag down and rotate the handle counterclockwise.
That is correct. I have 3 Patriarchs and only one of them is like that, the other 2 have standard reel nuts. I'm not really sure why they did that on some and not others.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.