Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-06, 02:48 AM   #1
michiganbassassasin
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Correct way to fish hardbaits!

What is the correct way to fish a floating rapala, sinking rapala,spinnerbait, or a buzz bait? Also with the spinners and buzzbaits should a trailer be used? I've always fished the tiki worms and have just purchased a boat so i'm trying different lakes and the worms aren't working so well. I've tried all these and had no luck and need some tips the one lake in paticular is mostly deep about 25 to 40 foot about 70 degrees. There are some good breaks but there loaded with weeds I have seen fish hitting top water but cant get them to hit. Thanks in advance. Lost in michigan.
Old 07-13-06, 08:47 AM   #2
Tnbasser
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Tnbasser

well, as far as the Floating Rapala, I will either twitch it slowly on top, or use something like a jerk..jerkjerk..jerk..jerkjerkjerk..pause. Be eratic. The spinnerbaits, there are a number of versatile ways to fish them. Straight retrieve just under the surface, slow rolling, fluttering, fading, killing it when it reaches cover, trying to give it what is called "Perceived Flight Behavior". Make it imitate how a baitfish would react to danger or harm.

Just have to experiement with Spinnerbaits to find what the fish wants on a given day. Conditions, cover, and fishing pressure all make a difference. There no right way or wrong way to fish one. When you catch a fish, remember exactly what you were doing. Depth, speed and retrieve style, where the bait was in conjunction to the cover/structure, etc. then try to duplicate that.
Tnbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-06, 11:57 AM   #3
bassking22

Floating Rapalas are my favorite lure, and I use a stop and go retrieve, and throw in a twitch every once in a while, but fish it very slowly over weeds. Let it stop over clearings in the weeds and let it dive down in. Also what size did you get I use F-3 in smaller ponds, and even though its hard to cast, it the best, and an F-7 in bigger lake.
Old 07-13-06, 01:34 PM   #4
michiganbassassasin
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm using the 3/16 oz one bassking. Not sure on those f sizes. Thanks for the info fellas.
Old 07-13-06, 10:35 PM   #5
bassking22

Well F3 is tiny(smallest size they make), and F7 is 2-3/4" I think
Old 07-14-06, 01:53 AM   #6
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If I'm not mistaken, I think the number after the F refers to the lure's length in centimeters. So an F3 would mean the lure is 3 cm in length. The next time I go to my tackle bag, I'll measure a rapala to confirm.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.