Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-05, 06:30 PM   #1
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Decisions, Decisions! Going to BPS!

Going to BPS this week for my birthday. I don't have $75,000 to buy one of everything. Know I'll be getting some flukes, jigs, crankbaits, and buzzbaits, but don't know what else to get. I don't really "need" anything as the bait monkey does a good job keeping me stocked up with lures and tackle, just have that "need one of everything in every size, weight and color" syndrome. Might pick up a few different kinds of lines to try some I haven't used before. Might pick up another rod/reel, gps, tent, ahhh crap, I'll just refinance the house and get one of everything
Old 12-17-05, 07:16 PM   #2
Fishie

Get something for me while your there now buddy. lol!
Old 12-18-05, 09:29 AM   #3
pig n jig

Rodman Rob, Check out the XPS line threader.$2.99 is the price , but it works well to thread the line through a baitcaster.Some reels are easy, but there are a few that I have that are difficult to thread the line from the spool through the line pawl guide.P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-05, 09:32 AM   #4
pig n jig

BTW $75,000.00 wouldn't buy you one of everything , even at the little Bass pro shop here in Auburn, NY P N J
Old 12-18-05, 11:54 AM   #5
flfireman

christmas sale, over eager bait monkey, you better refinance your mom's house to.
Old 12-18-05, 12:53 PM   #6
River stumps
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Don't overkill. That's what I did and collected 5 large tackle boxs and bags full of crank, spinner baits and worms over the years. I went through them last year and realized that I was about to give three of those boxs away which in my best estimation cost from 5 to 7 hundred dollars at the time I bought them, tripple the price now... 55 rods that was in my collection which the average cost at the time was about 40 bucks per. I now have 30 plus or minus a few. The bait monkey was a terriable culprit when I was younger and fishing more. The B.M is something that was and is hard to deal with..But I know those kids are enjoying the spoils of the monkey which I was so well aquainted with.
Old 12-18-05, 02:36 PM   #7
Rodman_Rob

pnj, don't use baitcasters, would rather concentrate on fishing than having to adjust my settings everytime I change to different lure. I'd rather just cast the rod as hard as I can without worrying. its hard to relax on the water when you're pissed off over picking out birds nests, lol.

fishie, I'll be sure to send you some rootbeer colored senkos......from the bafrooms, lol.

I feel like a crackhead right now, I'm crawling out of my skin dying to go to BPS in 48 hours.
Old 12-18-05, 02:37 PM   #8
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
just have that "need one of everything in every size, weight and color" syndrome.
Don't we all!

River Stumps, I finally had to get one big tacklebox that will hold the stuff I use most often, and am still starting to run out of room, and this bigger tacklebox is so big I have to pull it behind the truck when I go !
Old 12-18-05, 02:51 PM   #9
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser
Don't we all!

River Stumps, I finally had to get one big tacklebox that will hold the stuff I use most often, and am still starting to run out of room, and this bigger tacklebox is so big I have to pull it behind the truck when I go !
lol, I actually found myself at walmart yesterday looking at their truck cargo boxes. I was considering getting it then decided, its kinda too big to be lugging around everywhere and just about too big to fit in the boat. at least it could double as a floatation device if my boat flipped.
Old 12-18-05, 08:34 PM   #10
Fishie

Oh yeah just bought a IM 6 BPS Rod. It's very nice.
Old 12-19-05, 05:57 AM   #11
pig n jig

Rodman Rob,I don't backlash baitcasters.I do have trouble with those dang spinning reels , good baitcaster line types do not work for spinning reels, the line doesn't like to stay wrapped on around the spool, whenever I open the bail line is jumping off the spool in every direction. Hey buy me a lucky craft Clunn bait so when a toothy critter takes it I won't be so mad. Let us know what you got.I went to bass pro shop saturday.I spent 5 hours looking aroung and spent $13.00 and some change. I bought a pack of Yum Buzzfrogs, 2 Norman Thin N crankbaits, 1 bream color , 1 sun fish color.P N J
Old 12-19-05, 05:49 PM   #12
rrw4258

I ain't been to a BPS yet! Is it bigger and better than Cabela's? I have been there plenty of times!!
Old 12-20-05, 11:22 AM   #13
Rodman_Rob

WOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GOING TO BPS IN A COUPLE HOURS! CAN 'T WAIT! I've got 5 hours to look around, hope that's gonna be enough, lol.
Old 12-20-05, 04:31 PM   #14
bassnman30

Got alot of extra tackle sitting around in my "fishing room". I started buying some tool boxes to hold these items. In the event that you decide to try this, get the ones that are open, with one tray on the top.
Zooker has seen what I'm talking about.
Old 12-22-05, 10:15 PM   #15
pig n jig

Rodman Rob,I got thinking about you going to bass pro shop, so I went tonight after work.I bought 2 Norman Thin N crankbaits, 2 Norman mad N crankbaits, a XPS balsa crankbait,A SPRO Bronze eye frog, a scum frog trophy series frog, xps line threader, 2 Terminator super stainless spinnerbaits, a pack of starflash skirts to change on the new spinnerbaits, a pack of Daiichi bleeding bait trebles to replace the front hooks on my new crankbaits and 2 packs of Zoom centipedes, 1 green pumpkin, 1 seedless watermelon color.I also got a pair of carhartt jeans, and two pairs of thermal socks.Please don't mention it if your going to to Bass pro shop again.Thanks, P N J
Old 12-22-05, 10:29 PM   #16
Rodman_Rob

going back next week, lol. man, that ain't fair, they didn't have any of the spro frogs.

here's the list
5 bags of zoom super flukes watermelon red pearl
3 bags of finn-s 7" flukes in a rainbow trout pattern
one bag of every color of bass assassins eager beaver
couple jigs
couple spinner baits
couple crank baits
couple rattle traps
couple buzzbaits (one was one of those twin props)
mr. twister buzzbait
some brand of plastic frog that has a hard nose so the hook doesn't tear out, same brand of flukes as well
kevin van dam dvd
kreature
big popper
locust
and a bunch of hooks
Old 12-23-05, 12:11 AM   #17
Fishie

What was the grand total? Dang that's a lot of stuff. Probaly the frog baits with the hard nose where by manns.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.