Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-09, 10:26 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default KVD at the Richmond show

Yep, that's right HE was at the show today and gave a very good talk about how to use the Red Eye and jerk baits to catch spring bass. He even caught one, his first bass of 09, on the trap while explaining how he uses it in colder water. Saw him around signing stuff, shaking hands, and chatting with everyone which was nice to see. A lot of times you never get the big names out on the floor with the folks.
Got a bunch of pics of some great tackle that I didn't buy just to piss off the bait monkey but can't download them right now. I'll see if I can get them up tomorrow.
Picked up a couple nice items myself and met some manufacturers which is always interesting. Learned how the tomato core worms are made and got some information about dyes and formula trading within the business. Good stuff.
Got my Flippin Weights that I needed. Grabbed a couple packs of Deep Creek Lures 10" worms. Grabbed a Magic Swimmer before they sold out (B.M. made me do it!). Still haven't seen the Bonga Jerk yet. Picked up a Kermie Jr in Leopard Frog (new color). Found a Brian's Topwater that set me back a few $$$ but couldn't pass it up. Damn Bait Monkey!!! Got me again. And found some NetBait Mad Paca's too. Total set me back $80 for the day.
Hope I get out of there on Sunday with a few $$ in my pocket. Might have to leave the credit card at home.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.