Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-09, 12:08 PM   #1
sharpe012010
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Quantum Question

just wondering if anyone knows any particular ways to maintain a Quantum Energy E760PT? because i feel like i can hear grime inside but there isnt a sideplate or any way to get inside that I can see Thanks guys
Old 02-01-09, 04:02 PM   #2
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You can take them apart as with any reel.Take them to a local reel repair shop or you could send them to me to clean them for you.I have nothing better to do, so I will clean them for free.All you have to do is pay to send them here and back.PM me if you want my zipcode to check the shipping fee. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 04:13 PM   #3
CMorg

PNJ , why dont you start a small business ( if you will ) cleaning reels for people ? I would pay a fee for reel cleaning ( in the winter months of course ).
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 06:20 PM   #4
pig n jig

CMorg,You guys are like family here at the site.I don't charge to help family out. I like cleaning reels,it gives me something to do during the winter, it doesn't cost a whole lot and I already have all of the stuff available for when I do my own reels. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 02:10 PM   #5
fishin' fool

I'm a big quantum fan, and have been cleaning my reels for about 4 years now. For some reason I've been having problems with the new quantum baitcasters when it comes to cleaning them. Last year with two different bait caster I put a single piece in wrong, and I had to send them in. Long story short I was out two reels for 3/4 of the fishing season, and I wasn't happy. It's cheap to send them in, and it saves a big head ache! Now I send my quantums in to get serviced, but I clean my pflugers myself. Good fishin
fishin' fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 10:46 PM   #6
ho_shi
BassFishin.Com Member

760pt

isnt that a baitcaster burner??? mine has a removeable side plate or is that the spincast? maybe i got my reels mixed up lol
ho_shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 05:01 PM   #7
sharpe012010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho_shi View Post
760pt

isnt that a baitcaster burner??? mine has a removeable side plate or is that the spincast? maybe i got my reels mixed up lol
one below the burner
Old 02-03-09, 11:22 PM   #8
BassBandit

sharpe, have you figured out how to open it? If not, there's a button under worm shaft beside the sideplate. Push it outward (toward handle side) hold it and turn the plate clock counter wise same time.

Last edited by BassBandit; 02-03-09 at 11:31 PM.
BassBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 11:05 AM   #9
sharpe012010

I'm in now, appreciate it Bandit. i always thought of that as something to do with the shaft pawl whatever.
Old 02-04-09, 02:43 PM   #10
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin' fool View Post
I'm a big quantum fan, and have been cleaning my reels for about 4 years now. For some reason I've been having problems with the new quantum baitcasters when it comes to cleaning them. Last year with two different bait caster I put a single piece in wrong, and I had to send them in. Long story short I was out two reels for 3/4 of the fishing season, and I wasn't happy. It's cheap to send them in, and it saves a big head ache! Now I send my quantums in to get serviced, but I clean my pflugers myself. Good fishin
Wow, that's not good. I had a Daiwa Fuego that was making a strange noise after a cast last year, and there was no way I was fixing a $200 something reel by myself. It was mid fishing season, around late August I believe and I had it back within one week. They reimbursed all shipping charges and fixed the reel for free, even though I did not send in the warranty card.

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 04:21 PM   #11
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

I sent my reel into Quantum after tinkering with it. The only difference was that I really screwed things up. I was without my reel for over a month.

Then I sent and Abu Garcia in, and they sent me a brand new reel. Those guys are great.

Bottom line- Know exactly what you're getting yourself into and exactly how to deal with it before you go trying to mess with things.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.