Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-08, 04:19 PM   #1
Mattern Guide Servic
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Mattern Guide Service on Sam Rayburn

Mattern Guide Service on Sam Rayburn

Hello Everbody,

JOHN 15: Verses 5-7;

I am the vine, you are the branches; He that abideth in me, and I in Him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without me you can do nothing.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you.

SAM RAYBURN REPORT:

Well this is Big Bass Month and the Big Bass Have been comming in. The Biggest for the month was a whopping 10 lber. with alot of 5-6 lbers. In the Last 2 months a monster 12 lber. was brought to the boat for a client.

Sorry about no reports for Lake Palestine and Lake Fairfield but I have been getting more calls for Big Sam so I have been living on this great Lake.

I will be taking clients out to those Lakes next week so I will post reports so as we get in next week.

Back to Sam Rayburn. The bait of choice has been red or orange traps and shallow running crankbaits worked in 2-7 feet of water. There is grass on most banks and the thikets are in Mid- Lake and in the Dam Areas.

2 -30 lb. sacks came in Saturday and 24- 20 lb. sacks in the Bass Champs tournament. This is not Mexico but Look at Big Sam Go.

One 30 lb. sack was caught on red traps worked in 5-7 feet and other was caught on deep diving crankbaits worked in 12-14 feet of water. Carolina rigs also have been producing for me with some real Hogs on Lizards worked in 4-12 feet. Good colors have been Green Pumpkin and watermelons.

You know I have been using Kistler Rods for about 1 year now and I have got to say that I have fought Bass over 10 lbs. and have not broken one or has any of the tips of the rods come off or the guides. I have never had a rod that has not lost guide eyes and that the tips have not come off after about 8 months of heavy fishing. They are stronger and lighter than any rod I have ever used. I would highly recommend someone that is going to invest a small fortune in a professional grade rod to give Kistler a call. You will not be sorry.

Thanks again to all of you and my sponsors. If you want to book a trip on any of the 3 lakes I Guide on. Just e-mail me or give me a call at 903- 478-2633 or 903-724-1203.

You Can See My Web Page At: matternguideservice.fghp.com

God bless and do not forget my Sonsors:

Nichols Lures; 903-589-8100
Kistler Rods; 281-259-8033
Phantom Tackle; phantomtackle.com

Date Added: 2008-02-18Type of Fishing: DriftingCharter Service Name: Mattern Guide ServiceEmail Guide or Angler: donmat@earthlink.netWebsite URL: matterguideservice.fghp.comdCaptains Name: Don Mattern Sr.Region You Fish: TexasBiz Phone: 903-478-2633
Mattern Guide Servic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 04:49 PM   #2
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Thanks for the report, Don!

-Lunk-
Old 02-18-08, 06:08 PM   #3
ROBZILLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattern Guide Servic View Post
Mattern Guide Service on Sam Rayburn

God bless and do not forget my Sonsors:

Nichols Lures; 903-589-8100
Kistler Rods; 281-259-8033
Phantom Tackle; phantomtackle.com

Date Added: 2008-02-18Type of Fishing: DriftingCharter Service Name: Mattern Guide ServiceEmail Guide or Angler: donmat@earthlink.netWebsite URL: matterguideservice.fghp.comdCaptains Name: Don Mattern Sr.Region You Fish: TexasBiz Phone: 903-478-2633
Make sure you spell sponsors right when your thanking them or you mightnot have them for long LOL
Old 02-18-08, 06:17 PM   #4
lunker-lander

I don't see what he spelled wrong?

-Lunk-
Old 02-18-08, 06:25 PM   #5
ROBZILLA

In red SONSORS I made it red to stand out.
Old 02-18-08, 08:46 PM   #6
lunker-lander

Oh... I thought you meant the sponsors themselves....

-Lunk-

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.