Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-08, 04:51 PM   #1
robertmee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Not too bad on Gaston

This was the largest LMB....Caught 4 in an hours time, paralleling docks with a silver crankbait.

robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 05:04 PM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

nice fish
Old 07-22-08, 06:25 PM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

on gaston docks are my last option..i rather hit the lizard creek and pea hill bridge rip rap..

zooker
Old 07-22-08, 07:24 PM   #4
robertmee

My place is up at the Kerr Lake end near the steel bridge boat ramp, I'm fishing from a pontoon that does 10 knots in a 5 knot wind, so I prefer to fish instead of spending an hour to drive to fish Hopefully, I'll be getting a faster boat in the coming weeks and can take advantage of more areas.
Old 07-23-08, 10:40 AM   #5
3dkicker

It's nice to see that Gaston has returned to it's better days. When they destroyed the grass 10 years ago they destroyed the fishing. It was horrible what they did.

Nice fish.
Old 07-23-08, 11:18 AM   #6
robertmee

Funny you should mention that....My full-time neighbor at Gaston was telling me about the severe level drop they did to kill the Hydrilla. I thought it was further back than 10 years, tho. In anycase, he was telling me that one of the corp guys found an Indian skeleton when they dropped the water, took it home and encased it in glass in his home. Talk about bad mojo!
Old 07-23-08, 08:13 PM   #7
3dkicker

That might have been a little more recently. The time I'm talking about was when they sprayed it (around 97/98). They even held a BASS tournament on it and the local pro's talked about how bad the fishing was due to the spraying. Killed a lot of fish and the lake was tough for years until the grass started coming came back.
Old 07-23-08, 09:31 PM   #8
robertmee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
That might have been a little more recently. The time I'm talking about was when they sprayed it (around 97/98). They even held a BASS tournament on it and the local pro's talked about how bad the fishing was due to the spraying. Killed a lot of fish and the lake was tough for years until the grass started coming came back.
Ah....They still spray every year...The four counties contribute 500K with other monies coming elsewhere. I think I read the budget is 1.2M this year. BUT, there was an attempt back in the 80's I believe to do a mass kill by lowering the lake level 10'. Normal fluctuations of Gaston are +/- half foot. That's when the dude scarfed the skeleton

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.