Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-12, 09:06 PM   #1
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Oh I am about to step in to a whole lotta something soft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4gnNz0vc
Old 08-02-12, 09:38 PM   #2
Highhawk1948
BassFishin.Com Member

I don't think you stepped in anything but the truth.
Highhawk1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 09:45 PM   #3
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I like that vid's content and style, but I think between the recent chick-fil-a and just sayin threads folks are just weary of the debate. I've read and participated in countless threads like this here and elsewhere and rarely if ever do you see someone from either side tap out (at least not out loud, although I often hope that somehow somewhere sometime you can at least get them to really reexamine their beliefs).
Nonetheless it is usually fun.
Old 08-02-12, 09:46 PM   #4
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Highhawk...have you followed any of the other threads recently.
Old 08-02-12, 10:14 PM   #5
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Love the first comment..."If I wanted America to fail...I would fail to recognize propaganda when I see it." LOL!
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 02:54 PM   #6
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Wow...is it going to be a long, eventfull election season, the hunting has already begun.

I for one actually read each sides views and actually learn somethings....between all the grins they produce.
There are some real knowledge around here and some real strong feelings also.
I even jump in now and again....usually to try and referee and also to add a thinking point or two. Usually with NO success but then again I'm not seeing alot of success from either side.
Now I'm all for strong beliefs and follow through on those beliefs. But name calling and cut downs were never taught, to me anyways, in the debating courses I took. One real successful well taught tactic was to anticipate the other sides key points and then minimize them before they could bring it up. (Am I right WTL) And believe it or not, I did extremely well on the team.
Has politics really come to mean confrontation. Was it designed to turn Americans against Americans, nieghbor against nieghbor heck family members against family members? Or was it designed to deal with future challenges?
Maybe, it's easier to 'sneak' things by someone involved in a 'fight' as opposed to someone paying attention. That may just be the game plan.
I'm not going to start quoting scripture or history because you anglers are better than I at that.

But a thinking point.
If a person blindly follows another persons beliefs and thier ideas in it's entirty no questions asked, are you really making your own choices or just helping to progress thier choices? (Political party affiliation)

The way 'I' understand it the constitution was developed over a long period of time where there were numerous disagreements and COMPROMISE on common ground. Now this all took place without climate control (air conditioning) and these brave men, wigs and all, sat day after day until they reached an agreement (compromise on common ground). You think either sides politicians have even close to a similar resolve? A lot of these men did not exactly like each other and certainly disagreed on alot.
But they got the job done! Heck our government can't even get a budget signed in a timely matter. I certainly DON"T see ANY current politicians with the same resolve.
Remember these men were not God, just human beings trying to make life better for them and future generations.

Remember only one side wins an election and the otherside can either pout and wait 4 years (in Wi. we pout and spend 100 million on a recall) Or you can find a way to try and find common ground and work together with the other side so at least some of your ideals are reconized and acted upon.

Anglers have a great election season and remember, after the election your nieghbor, your family member your coworker and yes your fellow angler will still be there so let's try and keep the passion to a sub-boiling point pitch and we all really want the same thing....just different ideas on how to get it done.

Rebublicans, Democrates...you ALL have the very best weekend you possible can, PLEASE. AND GET OUT AND FISH!

Last edited by joedog; 08-03-12 at 03:00 PM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.