Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-10, 09:59 AM   #26
james86
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The bite is still slow for us here. But it is picking up a bit. We usually catch something at least.
james86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-10, 11:23 AM   #27
riverfisher
BassFishin.Com Member

38 degree air temp 50 degree water temp.

Boo Hoo cry me a river!! hahha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NoAh LMB.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	5900  
riverfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-10, 01:44 PM   #28
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFeverJohn View Post
I went out this morning for about an hour, but I was feeling kinda bad and nothing I was doing was producing any strikes, so I came home. I was a bit upset because the 8# flouro I put on my spinning rig is not very sensitive. I am thinking about getting some 10# braid to replace it with.

I tried a buzz-bait along the banks, and even straight down the middle with no strikes. I tried a couple of swim-baits, and a few shaky-heads. I also tried pulling a chatter-bait with a white skirt through the places I tried the buzzer, but nothing. I tried a few cranks too; lipless and billed. Fish were popping the surface around the edges, but nothing wanted my lures.
John, I don't know which brand of Floro you are currently using, but it seems like the right choice to me for the rods you are using. The Berkley rods typically use a Stainless Steele guide insert. If you choose to use braid, you will find that the inserts will start showing wear,(grooves) in a very short time. My suggestion would be to try either P-line floroclear, or CX. They are a florocarbon coated copolymer line, they do have some memory but it can be controled with the use of KVD L&L. If you want to use braid on a regular basis, I would suggest buying rods with better components. Might want to look at rods like the Vendetta, Skeet Reese, Bucoo, Mojo, Carrot Stix. These rods are all right around 100 dollars and use better components than the Berkley lineup. Just my .02
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-10, 11:01 AM   #29
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Just talking about the cold in Florida, reminds me of one of my favorite trips to Florida during this time of october, I would say 2001 or so. During the trip cold fronts slammed into the state, wind got upwards of 40 mph, fish turned off according to the locals, I guess they did.

But I still remember spending 12 hours each day flipping a junebug worm tight to cover, and catching some very nice bass. You might have to work, but it can be some great fishing. The area I was hitting was a grassbed on the edge of a canal, deep water and current, but I dont know how they were biting on the lake cause I wasnt feeling suicidal with the wind blowing like it was. You just have to do what you can to adjust. There are fish down there, get as many casts to them as possible and it will work out.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-10, 09:27 PM   #30
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Fished all day last saturday, cold as hell. Worked every bait in the bag for two dinks... Still better than not fishing. It is definitely hard work boating fish once the cold hits up here....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.